Dragon Tower

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Here just an idea of what the dragon tower ride at AK might be like, if they ever make it. It would be a water coaster which is a ride that can travel on watery canals and steel tracks.

Here's the story: the takes place in an old falling down castle. Your goal is just to learn some history and try to have fun on a boat ride. As you enter the que you can see artifacts from the castle and chilling facts about the rumors of a dragon living in that castle. This goes on for a while. Finally you enter the boat room and suddenly, the light go off, the castle caretaker assures you nothing is wrong. Suddenly you hear a scream and red eyes appear in front of you, the caretaker is gone when the lights are back on. another caretaker assures you that nothing happened and that the previous caretaker had to take a break. Unconvinced you enter the loading platform and your journey begins.

The ride starts off nice in a beautiful forest but suddenly the path you were supposed to take to castle dock is blocked by burned charred trees. You boat turns to avoid them and you next sent hurtling under the castle in a 20 ft. drop. The air is now muggy and hot and you can see nothing. You see some old bones here and there but think nothing of it since you are in an old medieval castle, but you are really in the dragon's lair. Finally there is a way up through an old boat pulley but as you go up the pulley, which is really a chain lift, but you hear a blood-curdling growl and suddenly the room behind you bursts into flames. You continue to travel more weary of the castle than ever, but as you get to the top the pulley stops and up the ahead the dragon comes into view. Panic and fear are now arroused as the dragon gets ready to snap at your boat but suddenly the pulley snaps and your boat is sent down a 90ft. drop into semi darkness right into a splash zone. You hear the dragon once in a while but think nothing of it as you boat travels thorugh an underground tunnel. Then you are lifted through another pulley, but instead of stopping the boat curves a little and continues traveling slowly. Then suddenly the dragon appears in front of your boat and he's not happy. He begins to breathe in deeply to expel fire from his mouth. You can even see the red hot flames in his mouth, but before he can the boat plunges again into complete darkness and the escape begins. Your boat is now in roller coaster mode, and it will go thorugh tight turns and sudden drops. Finally, you see a light ahead but the dragon is in front of you agian. Before you can even react to the dragon the boat plunges down an underground waterfall and into a spalsh zone. Your frightful journey takes you back to the baothouse, but it leaves a question in your mind. Shall I take on the dragon again?

FigmentJedi

The storyline that was actually planned had quite a few differences from your ideas. It featured a band of Bat bandits who want to steal the dragon's treasure and enlist your help in assisting them. The bats fly you into the Dragon's lair using large cauldrons and you run into the dragon and the attraction leads into a large chase concluding with the bats triumphant in their mission.

I myself had an idea for the storyline when I had the idea of doing Beastly Kingdom with a Figment tie in, considering it made sense to me anyway to have THE imaginary Disney creature be the guide for a fantasy creature area. Basically, the plan would be the same as the Imagineers idea but with Figment joining in on the adventure(with at least one scene paying homage to the Tales of Terror scene in the original JII ride with Figment holding back a door with the dragon behind it.) My Beastly Kingdom would have also included a Figment lead Imagination Safari as well as the Unicorn hedge maze, Fantasia Gardens boat ride, a minotaur EMV ride, and a Griffin family coaster.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Tahu said:
The storyline that was actually planned had quite a few differences from your ideas. It featured a band of Bat bandits who want to steal the dragon's treasure and enlist your help in assisting them. The bats fly you into the Dragon's lair using large cauldrons and you run into the dragon and the attraction leads into a large chase concluding with the bats triumphant in their mission.

I myself had an idea for the storyline when I had the idea of doing Beastly Kingdom with a Figment tie in, considering it made sense to me anyway to have THE imaginary Disney creature be the guide for a fantasy creature area. Basically, the plan would be the same as the Imagineers idea but with Figment joining in on the adventure(with at least one scene paying homage to the Tales of Terror scene in the original JII ride with Figment holding back a door with the dragon behind it.) My Beastly Kingdom would have also included a Figment lead Imagination Safari as well as the Unicorn hedge maze, Fantasia Gardens boat ride, a minotaur EMV ride, and a Griffin family coaster.

I never knew they released that information. That would be the first I'm hearing of it.

Dr.Seeker

DWImagineer, I like your idea more. You should theme it to the english countryside e.g. The New Forest. (Think Robin Hood Forests and castle)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom