Dragon Rock & The Cavern by Pandora

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There's a new exhibit to open soon.. a collection of photos. It looks pretty cool.

I never knew anything about dragons at Animal Kingdom. Oops. Does anyone have a current picture of the rock? Is it in plain view?

Not a recent picture but here is what it looked like. Not sure how visible it is from the shore of the river, it was meant to be seen from the boat ride that used to run on the river.

upload_2017-5-28_10-0-52.png

KyloRen

I know you can see the dragon rock from Tiffins but what about the cave from the boat ride? During the construction of Pandora I saw it down the path between FotLK and Pandora so it was still there as of 2016. Would be cool if you passed it on the path to Pandora.

djkidkaz

There's a rock structure across from the fotlk bathrooms that looks like it was once a water feature, almost like small geysers or something but it definitely looks like it would have been a small waterfall or something. Now it's just filling up with leaves and debris. Anyone know if it once did anything? I can't find a photo of it to share.

Edit: found a picture
IMG_5213.jpg

peter11435

There's a rock structure across from the fotlk bathrooms that looks like it was once a water feature, almost like small geysers or something but it definitely looks like it would have been a small waterfall or something. Now it's just filling up with leaves and debris. Anyone know if it once did anything? I can't find a photo of it to share.

Edit: found a picture
View attachment 221575
It use to be the geysers as part of the Discovery River boats.

djkidkaz

It use to be the geysers as part of the Discovery River boats.

Hmmm interesting. Never saw them before. I found a video of it on YouTube and it seems like a pretty cool effect. Wonder why it was not turned back on once they opened that new fotlk area, would of added something interesting to that space.

Last edited:

peter11435

Hmmm interesting. Never saw them before. I found a video of it on YouTube and it seems like a pretty cool effect. Wonder why it was not turned back on once they opened that new fotlk area, would of added something interesting to that space.
It along with all the other show elements for the boats were deactivated when they closed. It certainly would have been a nice addition to the folk area. They did clean them up and re paint them when the new theater was built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom