News Dragon caught fire in today’s Festival of Fantasy parade

Karakasa

Oh my God, I'm glad everyone's okay. :eek:

It's a shame but maybe it's for the best that if they do refurbish or replace the dragon they just don't use the fire effects. The float itself is impressive enough. Maybe use stage smoke of some sort instead? Of course I wouldn't complain if they went back to using fire after the fact but, for safety's sake, yanno?

Disone

It really doesn’t work that way at WDW.

Disney doesn’t need to be granted anything. If they want it to come back it will. If not it won’t. This isn’t the first time fire has damaged something at WDW. Not even the first time fire has damaged an entertainment show element.
Peter is very correct here. Remember Disney is Self Insured. They are not going to answer to some high power insurance company. If the want back and deem it safe to do so, it will be back.

Remember, a few years back the fire barge for Illuminations literally exploded backstage and was a complete lost. For months the show was performed with out but it eventually came back.

Castle Cake Apologist

Oh my God, I'm glad everyone's okay. :eek:

It's a shame but maybe it's for the best that if they do refurbish or replace the dragon they just don't use the fire effects. The float itself is impressive enough. Maybe use stage smoke of some sort instead? Of course I wouldn't complain if they went back to using fire after the fact but, for safety's sake, yanno?

The float has operated without incident for over 4 years. Things happen.

Tick Tock

Candlelight vigil scheduled for tonight at 9:30pm in Liberty Square. Wear your horns if you've got 'em.
horns001.jpg

Sped2424

Alright folks place your bets

Option 1 : No more dragon

Option 2: Takes a year to refurb and comes back with no fire

Option 3: couple months time but dragon comes back and still breathes fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom