Downtown Disney Dinner recs

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hey Everyone!

I’ve never dined at any of the restaurants Downtown Disneyland so let me hear your favorites. My friend and I are open to pretty much any type of cuisine. Looking to make a dinner reservation for mid February on a Saturday.
Thanks!

TP2000

My family really enjoys Catal and Uva Bar. We've also had good experiences at Ralph Brennan's but it can be noisy in there.

wowsmom has good taste, follow her advice @Minnie1986.

You can't go wrong by focusing on the restaurants that have been successful in Downtown Disney for over 15 years by focusing on good food and good service. We're talking: Catal, Uva Bar, and Ralph Brennan's.

The new restaurants seem to focus on gimmicks, like bowling alleys and Instagram pictures, and thus the food and service is a noticeable notch down and not worth your hard earned money. Looking at you Splitsville and Black Tap.

The food at Splistsville is particularly mediocre, like a shopping mall TGIFridays. Their "sushi" is nearly criminal. And we all had such high hopes for the place, their menu and their kitchen skills.

For a casual drink and luncheon in the middle of it all, I'd go with Uva Bar.

For a meal where you want to focus on your dining partner and conversation, I'd go with the stylish and consistently good Catal. For a meal where you want to celebrate with your dining partner, I'd go with the louder jazz club environs of Ralph Brennan's. (The jazz talent they get to perform on stage is always top notch, and order the Bananas Foster flamed tableside for desert!)

Last edited:

Stevek

We really enjoy Tortilla Joes...yeah, pricey but always good. I'd also highly recommend Naples, best pizza in the area easily. The cook came from Via Napoli at Epcot so the pizza is roughly the same as there. Most of the stuff is DTD is reasonably good albeit expensive.

I would also suggest a quick trip to Traders Sam's at the Disneyland hotel. Always a must do for us.

SSG

Splitsville is not good, but it provides the same vital service that ESPN Zone (also not good) used to provide. It's a place where I can get a serviceable beer and watch the soccer game when I want to take a break from the nieces and nephews. Otherwise, don't bother.

smooch

Ralph Brennan and Naples are my two go to restaurants as others here have said, I wore my birthday button and got a plate of free beignets that me and my 4 friends I was with were able to share them all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom