Downtown Disney Dinner Choice

Downtown Disney Dinner

• Rainforest Cafe

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • T-Rex

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters

seahawk7

I would choose TREX since they have better food than Rainforest Cafe. they have better theming and I would recommend requesting the ice cave room. If you try to book through Disney and they say no availability, call the restaurant directly. This happened to me and it worked. BTW the Rainforest Cafe is better at AK than the one at DTD.

zurgandfriend

I took my DS to our local Rain Forest Cafe when he was little, it was meh to say the least. I have not been to the T-Rex restaurant however for what it's worth there is a review today on the Disney Food Blog.

rt06

T-Rex is okay. The nachos are the best in Disney and the portions large. The environment is pretty cool, but after an hour I grew weary of the dinosaur mating calls reverberating through the restaurant. Like nails on a chalkboard.

T-Rex gave us a ton of food when we went there on the dining plan, but at the same time, it is very similar to rain forest. If you have small children, the dinos may be a bit scary at times. It is very very very loud in there (even when the dinos aren't doing their thing)

lunchbox1175

T-Rex is okay. The nachos are the best in Disney and the portions large. The environment is pretty cool, but after an hour I grew weary of the dinosaur mating calls reverberating through the restaurant. Like nails on a chalkboard.
mmmmm......those Nachos are really good.:hungry:

note2001

I will never eat at T rex again after the service (if that's what you can call being ignored for 1/2 hour intervals), and my son's ribs coming through with shattered bones. We were there for a total of 2 hours and by the time we got the manager's attention, it was so late we just wanted to get out. He offered to have a new meal made for my son (which we declined) and gave an "Oh, well, you know better than to order that next time" reply. He flat out refused to remove the ribs from the bill using the excuse that the bill already been written up and could not be changed. There are names for people like him.

RFC is okay, I don't go to the DTD one as it takes so long to be seated, rather we like to go to the AK one and never had a problem with either service or food quality. (A reason we return time and time again) However, for what the food is, they've gotten very overpriced. Miss the days I could make everyone happy for $10/person.

Last edited:

Mista C

My family and I love T-Rex. For a themed-chain-type restaurant, the food is really good and the portions are large. Atmosphere is great. And BTW, if you cannot get a reservation, you can simply walk right into the restaurant without speaking to anyone and take a seat right at the bar and eat there. There are always seats open and the second you sit down you get handed a menu and order your drinks. It's very fast. Yes, you have to sit on a bar stool, but you get to look right at the huge, awesome saltwater aquarium in front of you, and you do not have to wait an hour to be seated. As a matter of fact, in all the times that we have been there, we have only sat at the bar and never at a table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom