downtown Disney demolition schedule

sirstude

Original Poster
We are planning on going to Disneyland this July or August and my Daughter wants to stay in the Disney Hotel for a change. We usually stay at the Grand Californian. How is the demo of Downtown Disney going to affect the park entrance from the Disney Hotel? Also, does anyone know when that demo is going to start? We might want to change our plans back to the Grand. There will be 11 of us on this trip. Wife and I, our younger son, and wife's sister, Our other son, his wife and daughter, and our Daughter, her 2 sons and her husband. We did this group once before (New Years of 2014) and it was a mess, hoping the summer works better.

Darkbeer1

Disney needs and will have some sort of Security check and pathway from the west side, which will have to be using the current bridge on the west side. My guess, they will start with either the ESPN Zone building (No issue with breaking the lease), or the AMC theater building. So there will be a bit of demolition going on, but shouldn't be too bad. The project is expected to break ground in March, so you should know which building has shut down early next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom