Downloading Park Music Question

radiohost

Original Poster
If you pay a subscription fee to a website to download park music, it it still illegal,or is it legal due to me paying a fee?

Mr_Tom_Morrow

i honestly think it would be legal even without i mean they let people vidoe tape in the parks all the time which contains music,so youre probably better off looking for a non-subscription site.

also i doubt this site is payhing any kind of royalties to Disney so what they are doing might actually be illegal,but im not very familiar with the site

disneydata

No subscription needed ... http://www.mousebits.com/

If they are charging for the sole purpose of the music and videos (which is what I get from the site) then I think it's illegal since they don't own the source. They would need permission from the owner to sell it.

haveyoumetmark

It's illegal to charge for the music, because they don't own it. However, I think they're charging for the bandwith, not the music itself. As for downloading, I think you can download with innocently knowing that the music isn't available anywhere else. My recommendation is Mousebits, they usually take the music off of their site if it is available for purchase from Disney. You do have to subscribe, but it's free.
:wave:

radiohost

Original Poster
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it alot!!!

but......

HOW DOES MOUSEBITS WORK???!!!!!!!!!

IHAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THE WHOLE TORRENT THING,AND I KNOW OTHERS ARE CONFUSED AS WELL.

Hope there is somone whocan shed some light here, cuz I sure as heck am confused!!!

Radiohost:cool:

haveyoumetmark

You have to download a torrent downloader. I use limewire, which is a file sharing application but it downloads torrents too. Although recently there have been issues, but they're working on it. Other good applications for downloading torrents are uTorrent and Azureus. Google or Download.com will probably explain the programs better than I ever would.

radiohost

Original Poster
I do have limewire, so how can I get limewire to take my torrent and convert it to where I can put it on iTunes?

Mr_Tom_Morrow

why not just search limewire itself,im sure lots could be found on there,i use a program called soulseek and have gotten lots of park related audio from that

haveyoumetmark

I do have limewire, so how can I get limewire to take my torrent and convert it to where I can put it on iTunes?

If you are on MouseBits and you click the torrent to download it, it should automatically open in Limewire. From there it will download to which ever folder all the rest of your files download. Most likely the Shared, My Music, or Music folder. It will probably download as a zip file, so unzip the files to where ever you wish by right clicking the folder and clicking extract files. Then, you can drag and drop into your iTunes or transfer them there the way you do it with the rest of your music.

If it doesn't open in Limewire or an error message comes up, then I guess you have to wait until Limewire releases an update or you can download a different program. I'm waiting for that update because the people over at Limewire are working on a fix. I'm using a beta version, so torrents aren't working for me right now. Chances are, they will probably work for you. Limewire is setup to open torrents by default. So I don't think you have to worry about changing any settings you have.:wave:

EDIT: The current Alpha the Limewire team is working on will be available tomorrow. It'll be specifically available with the fix for bit torrents. My guess is that you can disregard that as torrents should automatically download on your Limewire. If they don't, you can get the Alpha tomorrow from the Limewire forums.

dolbyman

best program to install is azureus ... it's very easy ..

sidenote: those programs do not convert torrents .. they download the indexed files ... torrents have the advantage that the users take care of the traffic (data transfer) and not the site .. that saves a LOT of costs .. in 1 year we shared over 100TB on mousebits ... if you provide those as direct downloads .. it would cost several 1000$.. hard to pay for a free site

MonoManBlue

yea, the website above is what I was going to recommend...........about a 10000000000000x better than mousebits and don't forget, all you gotta do is downlaod those.

dolbyman

Ummm, the site that guy provided really is alot easier to work with than mousebits. Sorry

it's only linking to some savefile accounts ... and has illegal content (movie sountracks) ... and where do you find the unique content on this site ? like binaural audio,ald recordings,inductions recordings and so on ?

it's like with photocameras .. only because a point and shooter is easier to handle .. it's not better than an DSLR .. is it ? :rolleyes:

radiohost

Original Poster
it's only linking to some savefile accounts ... and has illegal content (movie sountracks) ... and where do you find the unique content on this site ? like binaural audio,ald recordings,inductions recordings and so on ?

it's like with photocameras .. only because a point and shooter is easier to handle .. it's not better than an DSLR .. is it ? :rolleyes:

Tell you what, you tell me how I can get the stuff at mousebits to show upon my iTunes without me having to convert a bunch of files into mp3 format, and Ill consider mousebits to be a productive, cool site:D

Radiohost:cool:

WDWFigment

Uhhh...that other site is nowhere near Mousebits in terms of quality. I also would not recommend using Limewire for torrents; the process is too convoluted and the program is not made for torrenting. Azureus is my client of choice. Unlike some other clients, you also have the option of selecting specific files or folders within the main folder (say I go to ISOHunt.com and search for "disney classic" and find a result that is 27.99GB and has 43 films. Well, there are plenty of these films I already have/don't want, so I can uncheck them so they don't download--not that I'm advocating piracy, this is just an example).

Another plus for Mousebits--it has a huge library of Marni/Martin's Tribute videos. These are the undisputable best attraction videos! That other site is better only if you don't understand how torrenting works. And with the high number of wikis and FAQs out there about it, with even the slightest amount of legwork, you can educate yourself.

WDWFigment

Well, iTunes doesn't use .mp3 format in the first place (although it can convert the format), but my guess is that the files you're looking for were in .flac format (I can't remember the acronym-- free lossless audio content(?)) which is the best format for audio because it's lossless, meaning it loses no quality from the original source. This is what concert "tape" traders typically use, and it is a more complicated process to convert it, although if you have Nero, there is a flac plugin. This is good if you want to make CDs, because they will be in the highest quality. Once you make the CD, you can rip it to iTunes without any additional conversion. Probably the easiest way to deal with flac. But if you don't want to go that route, go to a different site (isohunt) just to get these CDs and use Mousebits for all else, and you'll be satisfied.

Edit: free lossless audio codec. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom