Doug Live!

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
I was looking through my pin collection and i came across my Doug Live pin. I was just wondering why the show was taken out, was it just like any other show closing because it was time for another one? Or was it because it didnt attract many guests? Or was it because it just wasnt a good show? I personally liked the show...it was so funny when they dressed the people from the audiene as The Beets and QualMn!!! Any thoughts on the show?

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
It did seem like a neat show, but they closed it when Doug's populairity died down and Doug was removed from 1 Staurday Moring.

Oh yea i totally forgot about the 1 Saturday Morning Program

WHO LIKED DOUG AND WHY????? OR IF YOU DIDNT LIKE DOUG, WHY DIDNT YOU LIKE IT???????

JTinCT

I LOVED doug! i got to volunteer... that show was awesome... great audience participation... and the songs were amazing... i cried when i saw it ...."and she gave her red hots...right from the box.."

BigNorm

I thought this was a great show. I loved how they recruited people to be in the fictional "Beets" music group in the shows finally. I miss this show and am as disappointed now that it's gone as I was when I found out it was closing.

meeko_33785

I remember the show. I thought it was good. The songs were pretty good and I thought the effects were interesting especially how the animated background was projected behind the actors. It was a nice addition and I'm sorry to see it go, even though it was one of the more bizarre shows I've ever seen at WDW.

All Star Nathan

The real reson Doug Live was canceled is because Disney wouldn't pay what the liscensors wanted for a contract renewal. This is why you dont see anything Doug at Disney anymore. It wasn't just the show that went but everything else along with it.

MicBat

I also liked the show a lot and have been looking for music from it for quite some time. I dont think that they have lost the contract to continue with the show b/c it is still shown on Toon Disney.

All Star Nathan

From what I understand because Disney made those episodes of Doug under their contract those episodes remain Disney property to do what they want with. When the contract ended Disney was no longer able to produce anything Doug, new episodes, stage shows or merchandise. Thats how it was explained to me.

barnebd5

Doug started out as a show on the kids network,Nickelodeon and was then bought by Disney.

NO OFFENCE to Disney, but I personally like the Nickelodeon version of Doug a lot better.

The show was pretty cool. It captured the cartoon pretty good.

FairytaleMagic

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
Oh yea i totally forgot about the 1 Saturday Morning Program

WHO LIKED DOUG AND WHY????? OR IF YOU DIDNT LIKE DOUG, WHY DIDNT YOU LIKE IT???????

I liked the show at Disney. I also liked the cartoon, too. Doug reminds me of myself at that age! A LOT! I liked that the show was very true to the cartoon (music, Doug's favorite band, characters, etc). I agree that the cartoon on Nickelodeon was better than the ones on ABC. The Nickelodeon Doug reminded me of myself.

I wonder why Universal didn't decide to do a Doug show/attraction when Universal has Nickelodeon studios?

MicBat

Originally posted by All Star Nathan
From what I understand because Disney made those episodes of Doug under their contract those episodes remain Disney property to do what the want with. When the contract ended Disney was no longer able to produce anything Doug new episodes stage shows or merchandise. Thats how it was explained to me.

aaaah... never thought of it that way. I'm guessing the movie falls into the same category with the show?

Shannon_Yensid

i miss star one tv...that's what used to be there....*sigh*....my dad got pied in the face in the old show...when he was picked for doug he just wore goofy pants...

NakedMickey

I never got to see the show at MGM but all I have to say about the actual TV show on ABC is that it really sucked compared to when I was on Nicklelodeon. The Minute that ABC got a hold of it, it was terrible.

kennyj29

DOUG LIVE

I hate to be different here but I never liked that show. The acting was attrocious, and my husband and I couldn't wait for it to be over. It was probably cute for kids but it wasn't anything we cared for. Doesn't mean other people wouldn't like it, just means it wasn't our type of show! Give me Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Tarzan Rocks and most of all Fantasmic any day. I agree with the post about Star TV. To me that was hysterical and it was different all the time because of the people they chose from the audience. They could have changed the skits every once in awhile, that probably would have kept it going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom