Double stroller or two singles?

I'm all ears

Original Poster
Apologies firstly if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any posts matching the topic..

We need some opinions on whether a double stroller or two singles would be best for the parks and travel and restaurants
We are from the UK and travelling to Disney in October and staying at the yacht club. We came two years ago when my daughter was 20 months, she will now be 3 1/2 and we will also have a 10 month old. She will definately need a stroller and the double will be good as it's comfy for the kids (city jogger Gt double), can hold bags and one person needs to push it. But is it going to be too tricky on the buses? I know from the yacht club we only need buses to MK, AK AND DS
I am also concerned that our baby sleeps about 7pm so we will be eating around that time and if the restaurant doesn't have the room for the stroller then I do not want to spend my holiday with a sleeping baby on my lap whilst trying to eat at the same time.
So we were thinking two single strollers??
Does anyone have experience they can share or any other ideas?

jaklgreen

It is easier, in my opinion, to have them both in 1 stroller. Just as long as the double is within the new size requirements. When my girls were young, we had a double and on the buses my husband would stand by us and hold the stroller. I think that would be easier then trying to fold down and hold 2 separate strollers. You will not be able to take the strollers into the table service restaurants and the counter service ones are a bit tight for strollers but you can make it work at the bigger ones, especially if you eat at off times. You are coming across many time zones so it will be hard to know when your child will end up sleeping. The best advice that I can give you after many trips with children at all ages, is to be flexible. Have a great trip.

I'm all ears

Original Poster
It is easier, in my opinion, to have them both in 1 stroller. Just as long as the double is within the new size requirements. When my girls were young, we had a double and on the buses my husband would stand by us and hold the stroller. I think that would be easier then trying to fold down and hold 2 separate strollers. You will not be able to take the strollers into the table service restaurants and the counter service ones are a bit tight for strollers but you can make it work at the bigger ones, especially if you eat at off times. You are coming across many time zones so it will be hard to know when your child will end up sleeping. The best advice that I can give you after many trips with children at all ages, is to be flexible. Have a great trip.
Thank you for your help
We have table service restaurants booked as we have a dining plan and some we have visited before so I know some will be better than others if we did want to have our stroller. We also have booked a table for all of us (there are 6 of us going in total) as last time we didn't include our daughter as she was eating at a different time and we ended up with smaller tables with no room for a stroller so at a couple of restaurants we had to wait longer so they could change our table.
Thank you for saying about being flexible as I do love planning our trips but I am going to go with the idea that plans might need to change if the babies need a rest or it gets a bit much for them cause we have been to Disney many times but not with two small children before!

RememberWhen

When we have gone with a little one in a single stroller if the kiddo was asleep they always made some way for us to bring the stroller to the table at sit down places. I’m not sure how they would handle a double stroller.
Are you sure you’ll all stay together, or might you split up sometimes?
I don’t think you need to worry about the busses too much with that many adults. Hopefully one person can be in charge of the stroller, one person has the kids and one person had the stuff. Just have a clear plan and you’ll be fine.

Have a great trip!

I'm all ears

Original Poster
When we have gone with a little one in a single stroller if the kiddo was asleep they always made some way for us to bring the stroller to the table at sit down places. I’m not sure how they would handle a double stroller.
Are you sure you’ll all stay together, or might you split up sometimes?
I don’t think you need to worry about the busses too much with that many adults. Hopefully one person can be in charge of the stroller, one person has the kids and one person had the stuff. Just have a clear plan and you’ll be fine.

Have a great trip!
Hi
Yes that what happened when we had one and a single stroller the restaurants were very happy to help and let us take in the stroller. This is my main concern with the double. We probably will all stay together other than if someone doesn't want to go on a ride or the little ones can't. But many of the rides they can't go on we will fast pass them so can take it in turns anyway.

Hi
Yes that what happened when we had one and a single stroller the restaurants were very happy to help and let us take in the stroller. This is my main concern with the double. We probably will all stay together other than if someone doesn't want to go on a ride or the little ones can't. But many of the rides they can't go on we will fast pass them so can take it in turns anyway.
You can use Ride Swap if you both want to get on a ride and the littles are too little. You all wait in one line and while one parent rides, the other stays with the kiddos. When one gets back, you swap and then you don't have to wait in line twice! Just let a cast member know when you are getting in line. :)
I don't have a recommendation on the stroller except from think of ultimately, what will be easiest on you and your family! Could you consider getting a baby wearer and trade back and forth wearing the 10 month old? Then when you older kiddo doesn't want to sit in the stroller, the little could sit in there? I don't know if that makes sense for you guys, but it's a thought! You all will have a great time either way!

I'm all ears

Original Poster
You can use Ride Swap if you both want to get on a ride and the littles are too little. You all wait in one line and while one parent rides, the other stays with the kiddos. When one gets back, you swap and then you don't have to wait in line twice! Just let a cast member know when you are getting in line. :)
I don't have a recommendation on the stroller except from think of ultimately, what will be easiest on you and your family! Could you consider getting a baby wearer and trade back and forth wearing the 10 month old? Then when you older kiddo doesn't want to sit in the stroller, the little could sit in there? I don't know if that makes sense for you guys, but it's a thought! You all will have a great time either way!
Thank you, yes I am not sure what the best option is. We could get a baby carrier but my baby is quite big so I don't think we would want to carry him around.
We haven't used the ride swap before so we will definately take advantage of that too. Can you use the ride swap with a fast pass too?

Thank you, yes I am not sure what the best option is. We could get a baby carrier but my baby is quite big so I don't think we would want to carry him around.
We haven't used the ride swap before so we will definately take advantage of that too. Can you use the ride swap with a fast pass too?
I understand that! My oldest was born at almost 10lbs and has remained in the high 90's percentile ever since. She would have worn me out carrying her.
Yup! I had no idea they did Ride Swap at all, I found out about it from a Disney Food Blog video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom