Double Dipping?

DisneyMatt1

Original Poster
I am sure this is addressed in detail somewhere in the forum, but being new to it, I am not sure where. Currently, are they still giving out KTTW with the Magic Bands and if so, can you get Fast passes on both? I get the Fastpass + and Mydisneyexperience to set these up, but can I still get paper fastpasses with a KTTW(if they even issue these to Magicband guests anymore) so you can basically "double dip." I ask because we have a trip in 3 days and have Magicbands set up. Thanks.

stevehousse

It depends on what resort you are staying at right now. A few of the values are doing MB only with no KTTW cards being given out. So if u r staying at one of those resorts you will not be able to do both. Other resorts are still giving out both so you do still hav a chance to double dip, but this option is likely going to be going away soon.

Also not sure if the park is still testing this, but AK has recently been doing only FP+ and no paper fast passes as of recently...hope that helped! Enjoy your vacation!

Betsyboo

My understanding was that even though some were still issuing KTTW cards the ability to use them for paper FP was not activated. I'm sure the info is on a thread somewhere.

lilclerk

It depends on what resort you are staying at right now. A few of the values are doing MB only with no KTTW cards being given out. So if u r staying at one of those resorts you will not be able to do both. Other resorts are still giving out both so you do still hav a chance to double dip, but this option is likely going to be going away soon.

Also not sure if the park is still testing this, but AK has recently been doing only FP+ and no paper fast passes as of recently...hope that helped! Enjoy your vacation!
Sort of. You can still get a key card at the values instead of (or along with) the Magic Bands, but they don't have the magnetic strip necessary for the old FP machines. They just have an RFID chip.

DisneyMatt1

Original Poster
We are at boardwalk. Weve been many times before and know how to work the paper fastpass system. If we get kttw along with magicband do we think that u will need to use the kttw to get in park to get paper fastpass?

lilclerk

We are at boardwalk. Weve been many times before and know how to work the paper fastpass system. If we get kttw along with magicband do we think that u will need to use the kttw to get in park to get paper fastpass?
There's really no telling at this point. As of today, if you're not staying in a value, you can get paper FP in every park except the Animal Kingdom, but that could change at any moment. I would plan on not having paper FP, and just be happy if it's there.

And as far as I know, you can use the MB to get into the park and the key card at the paper FP booths fine, but I might be wrong about that.

DisneyMatt1

Original Poster
There's really no telling at this point. As of today, if you're not staying in a value, you can get paper FP in every park except the Animal Kingdom, but that could change at any moment. I would plan on not having paper FP, and just be happy if it's there.

And as far as I know, you can use the MB to get into the park and the key card at the paper FP booths fine, but I might be wrong about that.
Thanks! Good information. Leave in 1 day and will let everyone know if u can still get paper fp.

Ben_since_1971

I was there Dec 2-15 staying at CBR. We were issued KTTW cards along with our MB. We were able to get paper FP tickets throughout our stay. I mostly got the paper FP tickets as a souvenir of a soon-to-be-gone relic, although I did use a few of them in addition to my FP+.

lilclerk

I was there Dec 2-15 staying at CBR. We were issued KTTW cards along with our MB. We were able to get paper FP tickets throughout our stay. I mostly got the paper FP tickets as a souvenir of a soon-to-be-gone relic, although I did use a few of them in addition to my FP+.
I totally wish I had saved some more paper FPs on past trips now.

msteel

I've heard January 12 tossed around as the date legacy fp disappears at the other parks

Good (I think) - that's right after we leave. I'm not really for or against FP+. I see advantages to both systems. But as we plan our trip as off-site guests it is a pain not knowing which system we will be under.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom