Dopey Steals Snow White's Arm

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
51SLaJPeugL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Goofyernmost

Ok, here we go again. A piece of machinery breaks down and all of a sudden the sky is falling. When on a ride, we experience a breakdown with an animatronic character we do not know if it has been that way for days or just happened before we got their. Instead of jumping to conclusions that Disney no longer cares, just report what you saw to a CM. I don't think they would run an attraction for very long for such a simple fix, but sometimes there just are no people standing a few feet away that can repair it. If they were waiting for someone that has the skill to fix it they have two choices. The first one is to stop the show when 99.999% of the attraction is working fine and and wait for the fix to occur which means it is completely shut down and you don't see any of it and all the time you spent standing in line is lost and you have to start over. Or number two, do you let it go on until help arrives which means you get to enjoy all but 00.001% of the show until they arrive. What choice would you make if you had to make that choice with a line of people waiting to go on?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This sure did tickle me 😂
A piece of machinery breaks down and all of a sudden the sky is falling
The sky is falling every time this happens because this used to be something we'd never see at a Disney Park. Granted, social media and cell phones have made these instances easier to see and track in today's age, and certainly these things happened in the "good old days" but they've happened more and more in recent years. This is totally unacceptable.

Goofyernmost

This and the Mark Twain incident at American Adventure tells you just how dire things are at upkeep of WDW.
It tells you almost nothing! All it tells you is that something broke. In order to foresee what might break at any random time would require a clairvoyant or rebuilding every animatronic every night. Any one that thinks that nothing should ever breakdown has unrealistic expectations.

I have been going to WDW for 40 years and so far the only things I have ever seen is a chicken on Tom Sawyer Island that move weird and the daughters hand fell off on CoP, I went back a couple hours later and it was fixed in CoP. I didn't check the chicken because frankly I simply didn't care if it was fixed or not, It's all a damn fantasy anyway,

celluloid

It tells you almost nothing! All it tells you is that something broke. In order to foresee what might break at any random time would require a clairvoyant or rebuilding every animatronic every night. Any one that thinks that nothing should ever breakdown has unrealistic expectations.

I have been going to WDW for 40 years and so far the only things I have ever seen is a chicken on Tom Sawyer Island that move weird and the daughters hand fell off on CoP, I went back a couple hours later and it was fixed in CoP. I didn't check the chicken because frankly I simply didn't care if it was fixed or not, It's all a damn fantasy anyway,

Cool. Thanks for your great insight.

Since you have been going for 40 years, the reason you rarely see things like that is becuase typically whe they happen the show would be 101 immediately. 101 is the internal nomenclature for an attraction going down. The bad show level of a main animatronics' neck broken and head almost 180 is certainly a cause for that.

The fact you have seen so little broken over the course of many visits, in a span of time that goes over three decades ago, is because the standards were much higher than they are now.

It is not that they broke, it is that these are wear and tears that routine maintenance would catch, and when they don't and it happens, the show is damaged and would be stopped immediately.

Goofyernmost

This sure did tickle me 😂

The sky is falling every time this happens because this used to be something we'd never see at a Disney Park. Granted, social media and cell phones have made these instances easier to see and track in today's age, and certainly these things happened in the "good old days" but they've happened more and more in recent years. This is totally unacceptable.
After forty years of only seeing two things I'd say it is quite possible that just because you didn't see anything doesn't mean it didn't happen before. New things don't break as often but they still break. We know about them now because of places like this board otherwise you would believe that it's always perfect. The Chicken I saw broken was in my first trip in 1983 and the daughter was sometime in the mid 2000's. However, by then CoP had about a gazillion shows under its belt and they even tried to close the show permanently but people wanted it to stay even though it was 30 years in WDW a few years in Disneyland and over a year at the Worlds Fair in NYC. It is now almost 60 years of almost continuous operation and it seldom breaks down. That didn't happen because they don't maintain them.

Goofyernmost

Cool. Thanks for your great insight.

Since you have been going for 40 years, the reason you rarely see things like that is becuase typically whe they happen the show would be 101 immediately. 101 is the internal nomenclature for an attraction going down. The bad show level of a main animatronics' neck broken and head almost 180 is certainly a cause for that.

The fact you have seen so little broken over the course of many visits, in a span of time that goes over three decades ago, is because the standards were much higher than they are now.

It is not that they broke, it is that these are wear and tears that routine maintenance would catch, and when they don't and it happens, the show is damaged and would be stopped immediately.
In the early years the resort was much smaller. There were way fewer things to break and their are only so many hours in a day. They were able to 101 those because there were fewer people going there and the entire maintenance crew was probably just a few feet away. You see, what we have here is not that maintenance is not as dedicated but that there is a curse of size as well as a benefit to it. You can only have so many people on a job at any one time before they are stepping on each other. It might be an idealistic thing to wish it was like Disney was in 1955, but reality is a cruel mistress. This is a fantasy world that lives right in the middle of the real world.

celluloid

In the early years the resort was much smaller. There were way fewer things to break and their are only so many hours in a day. They were able to 101 those because there were fewer people going there and the entire maintenance crew was probably just a few feet away. You see, what we have here is not that maintenance is not as dedicated but that there is a curse of size as well as a benefit to it. You can only have so many people on a job at any one time before they are stepping on each other. It might be an idealistic thing to wish it was like Disney was in 1955, but reality is a cruel mistress. This is a fantasy world that lives right in the middle of the real world.

Dude. You started with it tells us nothing, and now you elaborate an entire projection of what you think the issue might be.

Give it a rest.

No one is asking for it to be like 1955(they had gas leaks and all kinds of issues then)

What would be nice is if it was lanything like 1995-2009. We don't need to go back that far for good management and show.

ppete1975

Hope someone alerted the CM as they got off the ride that this was on show so it could be addressed quickly.
Exactly this. Not speaking of the OP but it seems now everyone wants to take video and pics and dont tell the people that can fix it. Sure the cast members look for issues and do ride throughs, but this could easily be missed.

JIMINYCR

Exactly this. Not speaking of the OP but it seems now everyone wants to take video and pics and dont tell the people that can fix it. Sure the cast members look for issues and do ride throughs, but this could easily be missed.
At that point in the ride you arent stopped for long so the view of the missing arm might not be noticed by many.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom