Don't wanna be angry, but I am...[Rant]

IanDLBZF

Not this caliber there wasn't. I'll guarantee you that Polio was foremost on our minds in the 50s and I don't recall any unusual one in 68, and I was in college and in the service during the first and last parts of those years. 2009??? Nope don't remember that one. There are flu's and there are flu pandemic. Those two are not the same thing. There is a flu that goes around every year. This is flu season and the reason why we get flu shots every year. This is a whole nother animal that the world hasn't seen since 1917, 103 years ago.
1957 and 2009 were H1N1 Pandemics, and 1968 was Hong Kong Flu. Those however were not as severe as COVID is.

Goofyernmost

1957 and 2009 were H1N1 Pandemics, and 1968 was Hong Kong Flu. Those however were not as severe as COVID is.
Which is way I don't remember them. I do remember them now that you named them, but if you hadn't I still would be sitting here saying what flu. The only other one I remember (I think was in the 70s was the Swine flu showed up at Fort Dix, I think) so what I remember the most about it was getting the vaccine which was making more people sick then the flu itself. One death and thirteen hospitalizations. I do remember hearing about the Hong Kong flu but in my area of the country, at least, it didn't amount to very much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom