Don't like enhanced SM, tell you why

graphite1326

Original Poster
I don't like the "enhaced" version of Space Mt. The reason being, the music (or whatever you want to call it) tells you when there is a sharp corner or a drop comining. I liked it when I didn't know anything was coming. It seemed like more of a thrill then.

I hope you understadn what I am trying to say. Does anyone else agree?

mergatroid

I don't like the "enhaced" version of Space Mt. The reason being, the music (or whatever you want to call it) tells you when there is a sharp corner or a drop comining. I liked it when I didn't know anything was coming. It seemed like more of a thrill then.

Not been on the new version yet as didn't go last year and the year before it was closed for the work. How does the music tell you that a drop or corner is approaching? Is it the tempo of the music? It's probably irrelevant to myself as I know both tracks from riding so many times but I'm really looking forward to trying the new version in just over a week and a half when we visit.

Disaddict

To be honest, I'm not listening to the music track when I'm riding. I'm trying not to urinate on myself while remembering that the cars will not fly off the tracks around the corners. :eek:

graphite1326

Original Poster
Not been on the new version yet as didn't go last year and the year before it was closed for the work. How does the music tell you that a drop or corner is approaching? Is it the tempo of the music? It's probably irrelevant to myself as I know both tracks from riding so many times but I'm really looking forward to trying the new version in just over a week and a half when we visit.

It really isn't music, just a little "ditty" like someone would play quick on a keyboard. It only last about a second and is just when something is or about to happen like a quick turn or drop.

The only way I can explain it is like this; I played quitar in a band for many years. When you have a really good drummer he tells you, in the way he plays, that there is a chord change coming in the next beat. It is kinda like that.

Cmdr_Crimson

If you ask me..I think if they had a longer time for refurbishment and what was to be done with the mountain it would be alot better..With that being said...If they did a better music score for the ride....DAFT PUNK The Mountain!

lilclerk

To be honest, I'm not listening to the music track when I'm riding. I'm trying not to urinate on myself while remembering that the cars will not fly off the tracks around the corners. :eek:

:ROFLOL: Space scares me more than any other roller coaster.

pumpkin7

i rode with the new effects....

i didn't notice any of them. i was still bracing myself to have my head hit very hard against something infront of me. lol.
apart from the loading area. that area is awesome.

thelookingglass

I disagree with what you're saying. The added sound effects don't play until you've already started the sharp turn. Thus, they don't ruin the surprise in any way, IMO. Plus its much darker than it used to be and you can't see the track anymore whereas you used to be able to very well.

Also the song is not just "bleeps on a keyboard", its an actual techno remix of the song Disneyland has, on a continuous loop. Its a couple minutes long. That said, its a pretty lame sounding remix and I agree with the poster above that they should get Daft Punk to do the music!

Clamman73

I was in the front seat last weekend and was just hoping something didn't hit me in the head. :hammer:

I do miss not seeing the other cars that would glow in the dark...

Scuttle

Yes I understand. I think your right, but I'll take it since it's a lot darker now. The thing I miss the most is waiting in the queue and watching the glow in the dark rockets fly around. That anticipation of riding was great.

graphite1326

Original Poster
I disagree with what you're saying. The added sound effects don't play until you've already started the sharp turn. Thus, they don't ruin the surprise in any way, IMO. Plus its much darker than it used to be and you can't see the track anymore whereas you used to be able to very well.

Also the song is not just "bleeps on a keyboard", its an actual techno remix of the song Disneyland has, on a continuous loop. Its a couple minutes long. That said, its a pretty lame sounding remix and I agree with the poster above that they should get Daft Punk to do the music!

OK. Well then the only thing I can do is go on it again and be a little more open minded about it. Any excuse to go is a good one.

Bravo 229

I disagree, I find it more thrilling now with it being darker and the music. Its a lot harder to tell where you're going now than before.

figment1988

i haven't been on it, but if the music is just a basis of 2 second stings, i honestly could care less. But then again, what i usually do is just put my ipod on anything worth listening to (i.e. Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue, or even anything by Rob Zombie), and just listen to it, while riding it.

drp4video

I didn't notice the music, rode it three weeks ago. I did notice it seemed jerkier than before, and I miss the giant chocolate chip cookie floating by.

thelookingglass

From someone who makes frequent visits, its actually considerably smoother than it was pre-refurb. You're right though, the music is barely there.

JillC LI

Me too! In fact, I'm a long distance runner but my leg muscles were sore after I finally rode it for the first time this past March from squeezing the seat in front of me so hard with my legs to prevent myself (at least in my own mind) from flying out! LOL

Oddysey

From someone who makes frequent visits, its actually considerably smoother than it was pre-refurb. You're right though, the music is barely there.

As you probably already know, the volume of the music seems to have been reduced significantly since it first opened with the changes. I personally like the new SM because the music seems to add an element of speed. The ride just seems faster with the music than without the music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom