Don't Laugh...my mom is totally convinced...

WaltzingMatilda

Original Poster
...that the final question on Jeopardy the other night was "Who is buried under the Pirates of the Caribbean" ride and that the answer is...you guessed it, Walt. I said he was buried in Forest Lawn and she said, "Well, somebody is buried there. They had it on Jeopardy." Not having seen the show, I can only guess at what she thinks she heard (as usual, she was doing suduko and had only half an ear on the TV).

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks! :xmas:

jesserin

hahaha your mom is cute. LOL I don't have a clue what the question was, but It does make me laugh how often people think things like that... :)

Btw... Miss seeing you around Amy! :wave:

Skippy

snopes.com said:
In the decades since Walt Disney's death, the claim that he arranged for his body to be frozen has become ubiquitous. Nearly everyone familiar with the name 'Walt Disney' has heard the story that Disney's corpse is stored in a deep-freeze chamber somewhere -- directly under Disneyland's "Pirates of the Caribbean" attraction is the most frequently mentioned site -- awaiting the day when science can repair the damage to his body and bring 'Uncle Walt' back to life.

Large Article about the cryonics rumor here.

And regarding Forest Lawn..
snopes.com said:
"Disney's funeral services were held in secret."
Disney's funeral was in fact conducted quickly and quietly -- at the Little Church of the Flowers in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Glendale -- at 5:00 PM on Friday, December 16 (the day after his death). No announcement of the funeral was made until after it had taken place, no associates or executives from Disney Studios were invited, and only immediate family members were in attendance. Forest Lawn officials refused to disclose any details of the funeral or disposition of the body, stating only that "Mr. Disney's wishes were very specific and had been spelled out in great detail.".

KeithVH

The question was actually under the category of Urban Legends. So the answer is somewhat correct. It's the context that is missing.

WaltzingMatilda

Original Poster
The question was actually under the category of Urban Legends. So the answer is somewhat correct. It's the context that is missing.

Thank you so much! She was all excited because she knows I'm into Disney and she was glad to have a topic to bring up with me.

Thanks for the replies!

And Jess, I miss being around...love these boards and love your current avatar.

Frank Stallone

It doesn't really count as being buried there, but Pirates of the Carribean (WDW version) is well known for having George the ghost. George was a maintenance cast member that passed away while working on the attraction years ago, and to this day, the final exiting cast member at PotC says goodnight to George, or else the attraction tends to have technical difficulties the next day.

ZapperZ

It doesn't really count as being buried there, but Pirates of the Carribean (WDW version) is well known for having George the ghost. George was a maintenance cast member that passed away while working on the attraction years ago, and to this day, the final exiting cast member at PotC says goodnight to George, or else the attraction tends to have technical difficulties the next day.

Has anyone ever suggested to George that he might want to think about moving to the Haunted Mansion?

:D

Zz.

jbbraud

Disney Grave Site...

Here are some pictures of the family crypt in Forest Lawn. He and his wife, daughter and son-in-law are buried in a private garden next to the Freedom
Mausoleum. However his daughters ashes were scattered.

disney.jpg

disney2.jpg

disney3.jpg

SewIn2Disney

It was a whole category devoted to urban legends, so it would make that line an urban legend. I practically screamed the answer to the tv when I read the question. Out of all the Disney urban legends out there, I hate that one the most because people totally believe it!

pixiedusttravel

This is true! We actually asked a POTC CM the last time we were there about this and he said that they actually do say goodnight to George before shutting down each night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom