Domain Web Site Hosting

orlandoparks

Original Poster
I was wondering for all of those people who have their own domain web site,(ex.www.wdwmagic.com)how they started out?

Also, how do you go upon getting the adds that pay for your pages?

Thanks a lot.

Derek:)

Monorail Lime

Banner ads are pretty much dead. These days you will only get a tiny fraction of a cent for each click-through if you use an ad company. You're better off creating a premium service (like wdwmagic forums has) or doing the banner ads yourself and charging a flat fee for a period of time rather than a clickthrough rate.

NowInc

Banners will bring you at most 5 bucks every 6 months..unless you get about a million unique hits a week...and have people actually CLICKING....same goes with Affiliate programs...

You can TRY and get a sponsor..but chances are..youd have more luck selling snow cones in alaska...

So you want your own domain eh???? First things first..you need a server...there are tons of cheapish ones out there... www.featurehosting.com www.hostned.com www.dotcomavenue.com

then...you need a name...one that isnt taken..you can buy it from a number of places... www.networksolutions.com www.register.com

Then..you make a page..and set yourself up on google yahoo altavista hotbot webcrawler etc etc and pray that someone actually goes to your page...which is a mission in itself..

...that reminds me..i need to finish my sites re-design...hehe

Disney4648

amhosting.net
&
webhosting4life.com are good ones. Tripod offers free but it comes with limited space and ads. You can pay for your website, or get back something by small click companies. IE Milesource or join a great disney banner exchange and get a lot of traffic to your website. Most website ad companies dont pay to much for click on ads. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom