Dolphin interaction

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
When my husband and I went to SeaWorld in 1998 for our honeymoon, we were able to feed and touch the dolphins. Are you still able to do that without paying extra? The website makes it seem like you have to pay $15 to be able to do this at Dolphin Cove. Thanks!

Journey_On

Unless things have changed, you are correct in that you do now pay extra to touch the dolphins. I don't remember feeding them, but our interaction involved doing behaviors (more commonly known as "tricks") with them, using hand signals. :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Unless things have changed, you are correct in that you do now pay extra to touch the dolphins. I don't remember feeding them, but our interaction involved doing behaviors (more commonly known as "tricks") with them, using hand signals. :)
Thanks! Now to decide if it is worth it!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
They used to have dolphin feeding times and you would pay for a tray of fish and could feed them which guaranteed touching them. They only had so many trays they would sell so you would have to line up but it was very worth it bc they were very cheap. However - they discontinued that a few years ago. They were having some issues with the feedings - remember that girl that got bit? People weren't listening to the directions and of course SeaWorld doesn't need any more bad publicity. So they stopped it. But you can still touch them although it's not guaranteed because they don't often come to the side (unless you bought the fish lol). Sorry!
Thanks! That's kind of what I figured!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom