Dolphin Getting Internet Enabled TVs

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Meanwhile WDW still has first generation flat panel sets, Are there still tube sets around?, Guess the SWOLFIN is a charity as it's rates are half that of a Disney 'Moderate'.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yet again incorrect.

Many WDW resorts have been updated with 50" smart tvs with more on the way.

There are no tube sets.
On more than just that...

sd.jpg
pors.jpg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Meanwhile WDW still has first generation flat panel sets, Are there still tube sets around?, Guess the SWOLFIN is a charity as it's rates are half that of a Disney 'Moderate'.
Unfortunately, not true anymore on the price front. Trust me, just a short year ago, you were absolutely correct, but its seems when looking at comparable times (for us Mid-January) its actually cheaper to stay at the Yacht Club then the Swan. I blame Marriott for that ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
From a technical perspective, I'd like to know if your login credentials for these streaming services are wiped out every time you turn off the TV, if they are cached for the duration of your trip and wiped at the end of your stay, etc. I don't like logging into anything on what amounts to a shared device.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From a technical perspective, I'd like to know if your login credentials for these streaming services are wiped out every time you turn off the TV, if they are cached for the duration of your trip and wiped at the end of your stay, etc. I don't like logging into anything on what amounts to a shared device.
My first instinct would be yes as that tends to be the default of pretty much every smart TV, Blu-ray, tablet, etc on the planet.

BriLam

These new smart TVs are already in many Marriotts and have been for a while. I am assuming they are making their way into Starwood hotels as one of the many byproducts of the Marriott/Starwood merger.

You can clear your login credentials manually or they are cleared automatically upon checkout. The TVs are an excellent addition to a hotel room.

brettf22

Premium Member

Just stayed in a Marriott property that had these tvs (coincidently, right outside Disneyland at the Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center). It explicitly states onscreen that your account info is kept for the duration of your stay, and is erased at checkout. As to whether this actually happens, well, there is some level of trust involved. I didn't use the system, in part because I was a little hincky about doing so, as you say, on a shared device.

Disney Dad 3000

Unfortunately, not true anymore on the price front. Trust me, just a short year ago, you were absolutely correct, but its seems when looking at comparable times (for us Mid-January) its actually cheaper to stay at the Yacht Club then the Swan. I blame Marriott for that ;)

I was wondering if that was just me or the times I was looking. Rates at the Swalphin did seem considerably higher then any previous occasion we'd stayed or researched.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I was wondering if that was just me or the times I was looking. Rates at the Swalphin did seem considerably higher then any previous occasion we'd stayed or researched.
Its odd but not surprising I suppose. Last year I was able to get rooms under $200 throughout most of January but this year (including all the fees) its close to the $325 - $400 range. The Swan and Dolphin have both been my go to for years but if this is an indication of the future, I might be taking my business to Disney properties where affordable.

Disney Dad 3000

Its odd but not surprising I suppose. Last year I was able to get rooms under $200 throughout most of January but this year (including all the fees) its close to the $325 - $400 range. The Swan and Dolphin have both been my go to for years but if this is an indication of the future, I might be taking my business to Disney properties where affordable.

Same as us. You must have similar travel. I think last Jan we paid 180/night

Pixieish

My first instinct would be yes as that tends to be the default of pretty much every smart TV, Blu-ray, tablet, etc on the planet.

Just stayed in a Marriott property that had these tvs (coincidently, right outside Disneyland at the Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center). It explicitly states onscreen that your account info is kept for the duration of your stay, and is erased at checkout. As to whether this actually happens, well, there is some level of trust involved. I didn't use the system, in part because I was a little hincky about doing so, as you say, on a shared device.

I would think there's a way to log out of the services manually if you're worried about your account info. Our SmartTV only seems to drop our info once in a great while - say if we don't use one of the services for an extended period of time. And I agree - I wouldn't trust the hotel to take care of wiping the info - I'd want to log out myself.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would think there's a way to log out of the services manually if you're worried about your account info. Our SmartTV only seems to drop our info once in a great while - say if we don't use one of the services for an extended period of time. And I agree - I wouldn't trust the hotel to take care of wiping the info - I'd want to log out myself.
I have little doubt there is, I just wonder how many people even think about it.

Pretty much every rental car I have been in has literally dozens of peoples phones still in memory and I can't tell you the last time I went to an MS store, Apple Store or the like and did not find at least one computer there still logged into someones social media account.

Granted, I do not think there is much a person could do with your Netflix credentials past watching free Netflix and messing up what gets recommended to you.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My room at Boulder Ridge had a Samsung Smart TV. However, the remote provided is the DirectTV remote and not the Samsung remote, so I couldn't access the Smart Hub to get to my Netflix account. And DirectTV didn't provide access to any streaming service. Which was good, because I would have ended up binge watching Stranger Things......

Pixieish

I have little doubt there is, I just wonder how many people even think about it.

Pretty much every rental car I have been in has literally dozens of peoples phones still in memory and I can't tell you the last time I went to an MS store, Apple Store or the like and did not find at least one computer there still logged into someones social media account.

Granted, I do not think there is much a person could do with your Netflix credentials past watching free Netflix and messing up what gets recommended to you.

Well, they could change your account level, but what's that amount to...like $30 or so on your bill? :hilarious:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Swolphin prices have indeed been going up over the past few years. And the amount of points you pay for a 'free' night has also gone up significantly. And there's almost no days left to use the points+$75 thing which was a great discount. Only in mid-Winter, post-Christmas can you find the old prices. The rest of the year is hovering at $300/night. I'm afraid my trip this February will be my last time at the Swolphin exhausting all my points. I've already booked next Fall at Pop because the Swolphin was too dear for me for all of Oct - Dec.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom