Dolphin Family Room

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
We are booked in at the Dolphin for 15 nights in October and we have a family alcove/room/suite with an interconnecting standard room.

My question is does anyone know if these rooms are in a particular part of the Dolphin if so which side / floor?

I’m given the impression they are on the corners of the building which should get us a decent view whichever side we are on but unsure which side...

Any help appreciated :)

nbdysreal

We are booked in at the Dolphin for 15 nights in October and we have a family alcove/room/suite with an interconnecting standard room.

My question is does anyone know if these rooms are in a particular part of the Dolphin if so which side / floor?

I’m given the impression they are on the corners of the building which should get us a decent view whichever side we are on but unsure which side...

We had a grand suite, and were on the middle of wing, facing boardwalk, on the 6th floor. Great views. It was a 2 queens/living room/king room combo. Do you know what type of suite you have? We might be able to help more.
Have fun!

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
We had a grand suite, and were on the middle of wing, facing boardwalk, on the 6th floor. Great views. It was a 2 queens/living room/king room combo. Do you know what type of suite you have? We might be able to help more.
Have fun!

Thanks for my only reply! ;)

It’s classed as a family room/suite on the website etc but not sure if that’s a new name for something they used to offer under alcove suites?

It certainly isn’t the Grand suite which sounds wonderful! :)

Epcotfan21

Typically the alcove rooms are the last rooms down the end of the hall and as you mentioned, they are on the corners. As far as I'm aware, each floor has them, so I couldn't tell you which particular floors you would be assigned to.

I'm willing to bet you'll have a nice view of Yacht/Beach, Epcot or Boardwalk from your view at the dolphin. The alcove rooms I've stayed at in the Swan had us looking across at the Boardwalk, but at night we could see the fireworks from illuminations, so that a added bonus.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Typically the alcove rooms are the last rooms down the end of the hall and as you mentioned, they are on the corners. As far as I'm aware, each floor has them, so I couldn't tell you which particular floors you would be assigned to.

I'm willing to bet you'll have a nice view of Yacht/Beach, Epcot or Boardwalk from your view at the dolphin. The alcove rooms I've stayed at in the Swan had us looking across at the Boardwalk, but at night we could see the fireworks from illuminations, so that a added bonus.

Yes it was my understanding they are at the ends of the very long halls!

JusticeDisney

I stayed in that type of room before the renovations. Not sure if it is still the same now, but when I stayed there, all such rooms with 2 beds had no water view. If you wanted a water view with that type of room, you had to go with a room with only 1 bed in it. Not sure why that was the case or if it is even still set up that way, but just figured I would share. Anyway, have a great trip!

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
I stayed in that type of room before the renovations. Not sure if it is still the same now, but when I stayed there, all such rooms with 2 beds had no water view. If you wanted a water view with that type of room, you had to go with a room with only 1 bed in it. Not sure why that was the case or if it is even still set up that way, but just figured I would share. Anyway, have a great trip!

Think the room is listed as a king bed and a large sleeper sofa with the adjoining room being 2 beds so hopefully a nice view as you’d hope to get something good for 15 nights :)

Buffalo Tom

Had a king family suite for my last trip in October. Our room was in the middle of the Dolphin "triangle" tower directly facing the Swan. Great views of the DHS nightly shows. Only downer is no balcony.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Had a king family suite for my last trip in October. Our room was in the middle of the Dolphin "triangle" tower directly facing the Swan. Great views of the DHS nightly shows. Only downer is no balcony.

I’d take that. Been in the middle above the big fountain on the triangle before. Great view !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom