Dolphin - Early Morning Bus

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I know the Disney buses supposedly start running around 6:30a to accomodate early morning tours and breakfast. While we are staying at WL, the rest of my family has opted to move over to the Dolphin. Does anyone have any experience with the early buses at the Dolphin? I doubt we'll have any problems with our 8:05a for Crystal Palace, but we also have a 7am at Chef Mickey's which concerns me.

luv

No idea. Don't take the bus. But if they get there and find out the busses don't run early, they can always walk over to BWI or take a cab. :)

The Dolphin is a cute hotel, has an excellent cafeteria-style place (Picabu) and has the best pools and chairs (unless they've changed the chairs) in WDW. The Fountain has good tuna fish, too. :) I don't think they'll be disappointed with their choice!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
No idea. Don't take the bus. But if they get there and find out the busses don't run early, they can always walk over to BWI or take a cab. :)

The Dolphin is a cute hotel, has an excellent cafeteria-style place (Picabu) and has the best pools and chairs (unless they've changed the chairs) in WDW. The Fountain has good tuna fish, too. :) I don't think they'll be disappointed with their choice!

Thanks! I think they'll be very happy there. They got a rate around $155/nt through AAA, so obviously that sits well with them. They're driving up from the Ft. Lauderdale area and will have their car if they really were in a bind, but like my dad said "I don't want to get into my car until check out if I can help it." And he's right. Walking to BWI is definitely an option. I also had another thought...unlike the specific Disney hotels, it's fairly easy to call the Dolphin directly. So, I should be able to call them in advance and inquire with the front desk.

And now I want tuna fish ;)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Just checked their website...says their buses strictly start running 1 hour before park opening. I called to confirm and the girl informed me that while they are serviced by the Disney buses, they do not get those early buses for the early character meals & tours. Interesting. I guess at least we know well in advance and can plan accordingly.

dreamfinder

For a 7am reservation, I would plan on taking a cab. Remember that even though they will have a MK bus running at that point, it may or may not drop you off at the Contemporary. If it drops you off at MK, figure a 5-10 minute walk from the bus stop to Chef Mickey's. So unless you get on a bus right at 6:30 (allowing time for travel), you might be late. So from the Dolphin, even if you do get on AT 6:30, then allowing what, 15 mins to travel, and then the 10 minute walk from MK to Contemporary, you are cutting it awfully close.

Edit: Err, overlooked that the OP was at WL. Are the buses running that early? Even if not, they might make it if they get a 6:30ish bus as its a short ride.

coachwnh

I know the Disney buses supposedly start running around 6:30a to accomodate early morning tours and breakfast. While we are staying at WL, the rest of my family has opted to move over to the Dolphin. Does anyone have any experience with the early buses at the Dolphin? I doubt we'll have any problems with our 8:05a for Crystal Palace, but we also have a 7am at Chef Mickey's which concerns me.
to be safe, Id take a cab. we have had both good and bad early morning experiences with busing. if they are part of your ADR, Id make sure they are there on time, and a cab will do that.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! :) While I'm going to suggest they head to BWI or YC for the bus for our 8:05a at CP, I think the Chef Mickey's 7am is best done with either a cab or their personal vehicle. There are 5 of them...one of which is an infant...so I can see them just taking their own vehicle to get there so they have the car seat. Then maybe my dad and brother will drive back to Dolphin and walk in via the IG while the rest of us take the monorail over to Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom