Dolphin bites arm of 6-year-old boy at SeaWorld pool

CAPTAIN HOOK

"He's got a bruised arm. He's going to be fine," Harris said. "He doesn't want to see dolphins anymore

The dolphins going to be ok as well :lol:

BTW - SeaWorld doesn't do Dolphin Petting - it occurred in Dolphin Cove where guests can buy fish to feed the Dolphins - chances are the kid held the fish too low, held on for too long or provoked the Dolphin - perhaps better parental supervision is an issue here, its not just the Dolphin at fault

sillyspook13

in all fairness if i had some greasy slimey spoilt 7 year old harrassing me for attention day in day out - id get a bit ed off too... i think that attraction is disgusting and vile to be honest. The animal was most likely stressed hence why it reacted in such away - it was just telling the kid to leave it alone.

rant over :)
I love Sea World, but I would be inclined to agree with you in this case. I would hate to be a dolphin in that pool- people sticking their hands all over my face while taunting me with my lunch!:(

TwoTigersMom

The dolphins going to be ok as well :lol:

BTW - SeaWorld doesn't do Dolphin Petting - it occurred in Dolphin Cove where guests can buy fish to feed the Dolphins - chances are the kid held the fish too low, held on for too long or provoked the Dolphin - perhaps better parental supervision is an issue here, its not just the Dolphin at fault

When did they change this? Sea World did do it in 2004, that's when we went last. In my son's case, I think the dolphin just misjudged the length between himself and the fish. His mouth came up to my son's elbow but he didn't hurt my son at all.

CAPTAIN HOOK

When did they change this? Sea World did do it in 2004.
SeaWorld (Dolphin Cove) has NEVER done petting (unless you can on a behind the scenes tour or certainly at Discovery Cove). Petting implies you get the chance to stroke and fuss over the dolphin. Dolphin Cove is about the oppprtunity to feed a dolphin yourself and get up close - which may mean you get the opportunity to touch a dolphin but its never been advertised as a petting area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom