Doing the happy dance, going back in March 2019!!! FEW QUESTIONS!

supersorrell

Original Poster
Doing the happy dance, going back in March 2019!!! FEW QUESTIONS! -

we are visiting our happy place for the first time with our daughter who will be 3yo when we travel. we are staying 13 nights at the POFQ resort. our home away from home.

- What's the florida weather like in March time? accu weather seems to suggest lowest 13c and highs of 24c I don't understand humidity in numbers, is it a cooler month to visit orlando? we normally visit late September/October time so its normally hot and humid, were going with our 3yo and wanted a cooler month for her. so if anyone has any experience travelling to orlando in march and can suggest what weather was like that would be awesome?

- We are thinking about doing BOG restaurant in MK for breakfast, has anyone done this and recommend this??

- are the parks any quieter this time of year or is it same all year round these days?

thanks guys!!

becca_

we are visiting our happy place for the first time with our daughter who will be 3yo when we travel. we are staying 13 nights at the POFQ resort. our home away from home.

- What's the florida weather like in March time? accu weather seems to suggest lowest 13c and highs of 24c I don't understand humidity in numbers, is it a cooler month to visit orlando? we normally visit late September/October time so its normally hot and humid, were going with our 3yo and wanted a cooler month for her. so if anyone has any experience travelling to orlando in march and can suggest what weather was like that would be awesome?

- We are thinking about doing BOG restaurant in MK for breakfast, has anyone done this and recommend this??

- are the parks any quieter this time of year or is it same all year round these days?

thanks guys!!
March is typically warmer (65-75F) but like always it can change quickly. I'd bring 2 "warmer" outfits just in case it gets cooler out. Not as humid for sure. I was there March 2018 and it was shorts/leggings weather.

BOG breakfast is very expensive but a cool experience for sure. If you are doing the dining plan, it it a great deal.

They can be a little quieter but it all depends on what week you go because Spring Break is usually around March. Just stay as far away from Easter as you can.
Here's my Trip Report from March - https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/are-you-worn-out-yet-march-2018-completed.939341/ :)

supersorrell

Original Poster
March is typically warmer (65-75F) but like always it can change quickly. I'd bring 2 "warmer" outfits just in case it gets cooler out. Not as humid for sure. I was there March 2018 and it was shorts/leggings weather.

BOG breakfast is very expensive but a cool experience for sure. If you are doing the dining plan, it it a great deal.

They can be a little quieter but it all depends on what week you go because Spring Break is usually around March. Just stay as far away from Easter as you can.
Here's my Trip Report from March - https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/are-you-worn-out-yet-march-2018-completed.939341/:)

Oh thanks becca gonna sit and have a read of your report :)

we are flying out on the 4th so beginning of the month and next year easter dosnt fall until April 21st so we have fully avoided easter,
a little googling and I believe spring break is until 9th so I might see a few days of hyped crowed but should die down few days into my trip? im from the UK and will be staying for 2 weeks so shouldn't be much of an issue I don't think

thanks for the pointers and for the reading material :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It now seems that summer is becoming one of the more "quiet" periods. Take the warning about Spring Break seriously. Late May early June can be a good time to go. August and September, too, but then you're in hurricane season, so have a good backup plan or good trip insurance.

LeighM

thanks guys!!

When I went to WDW in March 2014 (the first week in March), the weather was absolutely perfect!! It was in the high 70s, low 80s most days with very low humidity, with one day being the exception when there was a lake effect wind chill and it was cold. We were able to get so much done without the humidity wearing us down. We went in the middle of March this year, and it was chilly most days especially if you were in the shade. Our last day there had a high in the 90s and a lot of humidity. It will be good to pack a mix of pants, shorts, a jacket, and shirts you can layer. My brother in law only packed shorts and he was cold on a few of those early mornings!!

The first week in March 2014 had very low crowds for us (after President's Day but before Spring Break) and this year, we were there during the start of Spring Break. The parks were definitely crowded but not as bad as it was going to be closer to Easter. Just go in expecting big crowds and long waits and you won't be disappointed :)

I had breakfast at Be Our Guest for the pre-park opening breakfast in either 2015 or 2016 and it was not good. The food arrived cold and there was something wrong with what my husband ordered (can't remember details now). I would never pay $24 per person for that meal but we were on the dining plan and it was a good use of credits and we wanted to try it once. This year, we had breakfast at Sleepy Hollow when they opened and the portion and flavor was much better than what we had ordered for breakfast at Be Our Guest in a previous trip. Lunch is much better at BoG than breakfast!

Smiley/OCD

When I went to WDW in March 2014 (the first week in March), the weather was absolutely perfect!! It was in the high 70s, low 80s most days with very low humidity, with one day being the exception when there was a lake effect wind chill and it was cold. We were able to get so much done without the humidity wearing us down. We went in the middle of March this year, and it was chilly most days especially if you were in the shade. Our last day there had a high in the 90s and a lot of humidity. It will be good to pack a mix of pants, shorts, a jacket, and shirts you can layer. My brother in law only packed shorts and he was cold on a few of those early mornings!!

The first week in March 2014 had very low crowds for us (after President's Day but before Spring Break) and this year, we were there during the start of Spring Break. The parks were definitely crowded but not as bad as it was going to be closer to Easter. Just go in expecting big crowds and long waits and you won't be disappointed :)

I had breakfast at Be Our Guest for the pre-park opening breakfast in either 2015 or 2016 and it was not good. The food arrived cold and there was something wrong with what my husband ordered (can't remember details now). I would never pay $24 per person for that meal but we were on the dining plan and it was a good use of credits and we wanted to try it once. This year, we had breakfast at Sleepy Hollow when they opened and the portion and flavor was much better than what we had ordered for breakfast at Be Our Guest in a previous trip. Lunch is much better at BoG than breakfast!

The weather SHOULD be very good...unfortunately there are really no "quiet" times anymore at WDW...different parts of the country have different times off and it seems that EVERYONE takes a week at WDW. Even if it's HOT during the day, it does tend to cool off at night and the buses usually have the AC cranked at night, so a fleece jacket or sweatshirt is a plus.

eliza61nyc

thanks guys!!
Congrats. lol ok we are you from?? the Celsius gave you away.

humm, now my crowd was not impressed with BOG breakfast. let me explain though. I have two sons and a hubby who are all over 6ft and at the time my oldest was a h.s. linebacker on his football (American, not the soccer football ;)) team. so we got to this breakfast and they saw those tiny little portions and a high priced "donught" with some fruit and let's just say it did not end well. My 6ft, 255 lbs husband got the egg white breakfast and immediately sent it back.
I think it's great for those who are "light" breakfast eaters and the castle is pretty but for 100 bucks. never again.

I thought the parks were lighter but it's been about 7 years since I went in March

Smiley/OCD

I forgot to add that while we've never been to BOG for breakfast, I haven't heard too many good things about it. We have been to dinner there but I must admit, after eating there for our last 3 visits, the quality of food and service has gone down from the beginning. It's now one of the restaurants that you should go once, but I would suggest dinner as opposed to breakfast. We happen to LOVE Crystal Palace for breakfast. It's one of the BEST character breakfasts on property.

LittleBuford

We are thinking about doing BOG restaurant in MK for breakfast, has anyone done this and recommend this??

My partner and I were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast at Be Our Guest. The main reason we ate there was to get into the MK early (they'll let you in an hour before the official opening time for dining reservations) so that we could join the queue for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before the crowds arrived, and we had very low expectations of the actual food. Perhaps that's why we actually quite liked it (especially the doughnut), though it was pricey. On balance, I think breakfast at Be Our Guest is worth doing if you want to see inside the restaurant and if you use the reservation as a way of getting in line early for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

supersorrell

Original Poster
hey guys thank you for your awesome feedback

@Smiley/OCD - crystal palace is my usual place to go for early breakie ressie in MK love it!! and my wife loves pooh and tigger!

@eliza61nyc might have to change the idea to lunch then - im a big lad too like my power lifting to I understand the feeling of "not enough egg whites" at breakfast haha

thanks guys really appreciate all the responses been a great help!

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I went to POFQ in March for the first time this year. The first time AT That resort, and that time of year, that is:) We were there from feb 28th to March 6th. The weather was great, in the 70 and even some 80's with low humidity. We made the mistake of going the week after the Princess half marathon, and it was crowded. Won't make that mistake again but may try early March again next year.
Never eaten at BOG for breakfast, but their lunch menu is really good. Have a great trip.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

thanks guys!!

I'll give you some short, honest, blunt answers!

-I went to WDW this past first week of May and thought the weather was beautiful. So it should be pleasant weather in comparison to the summer heat.

-I had a reservation to do BOG for breakfast... The menu+the prices did not impress us when we arrived. We left. I'd recommend lunch instead. The food at this place is alright, the atmosphere is great.

- March is one of the most crowded times of the year to go due to Spring Break... Plan, plan, plan ahead! Lines will get super duper long between noon and 3:00 pm.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It now seems that summer is becoming one of the more "quiet" periods. Take the warning about Spring Break seriously. Late May early June can be a good time to go. August and September, too, but then you're in hurricane season, so have a good backup plan or good trip insurance.

The first week of May is spectacular, too! Just from recent experience. Crowds were below average!

LittleBuford

March is one of the most crowded times of the year to go due to Spring Break... Plan, plan, plan ahead! Lines will get super duper long between noon and 3:00 pm.

I was there during spring break 2017 and honestly waited no longer than 30 minutes for anything, with the exception of Storytime with Belle (due to an "accident" involving a child ahead of us). The trip was booked only three weeks or so before we went on it, and we were staying off property, so we had no advantages in terms of reservations or EMH. But I kept checking Fastpass and dining availability relentlessly (there are always cancellations, especially the day before), and that, combined with a couple of early-morning breakfasts, ensured that we got to do pretty much everything with minimal waits. Many people here hate FP+, but if you're savvy with it, it works a treat.

(I should add that this was before Pandora opened, and I don't go to AK anyway, as I'm not a fan of zoos.)

Last edited:

popcenturylover

Our last trip was the 1st week of March 17' and it was very pleasant. 70's/80's warm, during the day with cool temps in the evening. We only went swimming once. Electing to go in the hot tub in the evenings. Crowds weren't bad this time of year. BOG breakfast is totally overhyped and overpriced!

MissingDisney

we are flying out on the 4th so beginning of the month and next year easter dosnt fall until April 21st so we have fully avoided easter,
a little googling and I believe spring break is until 9th so I might see a few days of hyped crowed but should die down few days into my trip? im from the UK and will be staying for 2 weeks so shouldn't be much of an issue I don't think

I'll give you some short, honest, blunt answers!

-I went to WDW this past first week of May and thought the weather was beautiful. So it should be pleasant weather in comparison to the summer heat.

-I had a reservation to do BOG for breakfast... The menu+the prices did not impress us when we arrived. We left. I'd recommend lunch instead. The food at this place is alright, the atmosphere is great.

- March is one of the most crowded times of the year to go due to Spring Break... Plan, plan, plan ahead! Lines will get super duper long between noon and 3:00 pm.

As for crowds, March is busy. All the time. With schools changing up spring breaks and not tying it to the holiday, March is a huge crowd month. Breaks continue depending on where you live, to the week after the holiday. I just checked Touring Plans and beginning when your trip starts, it’s at an 8 out of 10 for crowds and stays at 8, 9, and 10’s for your dates. Not trying to deter you, we go during spring break all the time as well, but just plan for these crowd levels and adjust your expectations. Have a great trip!

becca_

You should miss the crowds! A lot of Spring Breaks are the 3rd week in March or the week of Easter. Sounds like you're in for 2 whole weeks of fun!

ninjaprincesst

My only caution on the crowds is that Texas school typically have spring break within the first two weeks in March and a lot of Texas High schools due the Disney Arts program during that time and go to Disney .

supersorrell

Original Poster
thanks for the feedback guys, the crowds aren't really a massive issue for me and my family, we are early risers and tend to hit the rides we want prior to big crowd times. we also don't do any of the major attractions like thunder,space,tot,Everest because our daughter just isn't old enough for them so we will be using fastpass+ to do our must do rides.

we will be planning to do Early morning magic hours and early morning park openings, stay in parks until around 1-2 heading back to the room for a nap for little one and then head out for the evening around 4-5 so I think we should be good our evenings usually are either spent in Disney springs shopping and eating or maybe watching shows at Hollywood studios.

as were travelling from the UK we will be there for 12 solid park days so we should be able to do all we want with planning.
I cant overplan this year as we are with our little daughter and this is her first big usa park experience, shes only done paris Disneyland before which is a lot smaller.

super excited guys just gotta plan.

danyoung56

Don't go to BOG breakfast expecting a big cheap meal. It's very expensive, and the food is somewhat hit and miss, sometimes cold. But the 2 big advantages are the incredible atmosphere of BOG and the opportunity to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train several times before the main gates open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom