Doing happy dance - finally made a decision of where to stay! BCV!

moopdog

After weeks, okay months of contemplating, comparing, reading reviews, checking square footage for each room and BUGGING everyone on about 3 different boards - I finally made a decision! I am not looking back, or second guessing myself - I swear... this is it. We're staying at BCV for about the same it would cost for a room at POR (our original choice), and although someone will be in a sleeping bag, we will take turns each night on the floor and the extra space, proximity to parks, awesome pool, and, kitchenette make it worth it. It just took us a while to "get over" renting points. My husband was nervous nelly about it, but we're okay with it now.

WOO HOO! I'm so relieved and (DON"T KILL ME FOR SAYING THIS) hope they don't come out with amazing discount codes for the resorts for September, because that might send me over the edge. Ha Ha.

Thanks to all of you for nurturing me through this. Now I can bug about everything else... Danielle

Gail Hayden

moopdog said:
After weeks, okay months of contemplating, comparing, reading reviews, checking square footage for each room and BUGGING everyone on about 3 different boards - I finally made a decision! I am not looking back, or second guessing myself - I swear... this is it. We're staying at BCV for about the same it would cost for a room at POR (our original choice), and although someone will be in a sleeping bag, we will take turns each night on the floor and the extra space, proximity to parks, awesome pool, and, kitchenette make it worth it. It just took us a while to "get over" renting points. My husband was nervous nelly about it, but we're okay with it now.

WOO HOO! I'm so relieved and (DON"T KILL ME FOR SAYING THIS) hope they don't come out with amazing discount codes for the resorts for September, because that might send me over the edge. Ha Ha.

Thanks to all of you for nurturing me through this. Now I can bug about everything else... Danielle

Why is someone going to sleep on the floor? If memory serves, there are 5 of you with one of those 5 being under 3. There is a pack and play for the under 3 and a queen size bed and a queen size pull out couch, I would think that would be more than enough room for the over 3 crowd.
How much did you get the points for, if you don't mind sharing, that is. :)

Upvote 0

indianajdp

We just finalized our April plans last night...we'll be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We had originally booked adjoining rooms with another family at All-Star Movies but the more I thought about it the less I wanted to deal with hundreds of thousands of kids and paper-thin walls at the value resort :D That combined with the fact that they have an incredible pool there for the kids and it was an easy decision to spend a bit extra for the upgrade.

Upvote 0

moopdog

Original Poster
You're right...

There are five of us, but my 13 year old is bigger than me... and the under 3 year old is too big for a pack and play now - let alone 7 months from now. So... we'll keep the "baby" in a bed at all times, possibly even the 4 year old. As for me, my DH and my 13 DS we'll each have a turn or two on the floor with sleeping bag. No biggie really. We are even going to play it by ear and see if we can manage with the "baby" in bed with us. I thought the pull out was only a full size though... am I wrong?

I am now negotiating (not final, but close) for $9.50 a point. Got very lucky!! Knock on wood - will finalize when business hours are back on Monday.

Danielle

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

moopdog said:
There are five of us, but my 13 year old is bigger than me... and the under 3 year old is too big for a pack and play now - let alone 7 months from now. So... we'll keep the "baby" in a bed at all times, possibly even the 4 year old. As for me, my DH and my 13 DS we'll each have a turn or two on the floor with sleeping bag. No biggie really. We are even going to play it by ear and see if we can manage with the "baby" in bed with us. I thought the pull out was only a full size though... am I wrong?

I am now negotiating (not final, but close) for $9.50 a point. Got very lucky!! Knock on wood - will finalize when business hours are back on Monday.

Danielle

Great price, congrats!!!! I was wrong, the pull out is a double. Well, at least they can use the sofa cushions under the sleeping bag while on the floor.
Have fun with the rest of your plans. :) You have selected a great resort!!!!

Upvote 0

Sulley

moopdog said:

Danielle

OK this is new to me. I'm curious. Are you buying points from someone in the DVC? Or is this how the resort sells their rooms? In which case how do you arrange to buy the points from someone?

Sorry if I'm being nosie, just seems like a good deal.

-Sulley

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I love BCV, we will be there in 2 1/2 weeks, I can't wait. We will also have a party of 5 in a studio ( 2 adults, a 13 year old, an almost 4 year old and a baby, 7 months) Our plan is parents in queen, 13 year old on sofa bed, 4 year old on her blow up sleeping bag on the floor and baby in pack - play.

It will be cramped, but we don't have enough points for a one bedroom this trip. Last year we did a spit at VWL, 3 nights in a studio and 4 in a one bedroom. We had almost the same group but 13 year old was 12 and DD was just under 3 years old (and I was just pregnant with baby). We loved the one bedroom, but we all concluded that we did just fine in the studio. Won't be able to do this forever when the baby gets older, but niece doesn't always go with us.

I will let you now how it works out for us. I love BCV, can't wait to get there!

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

Sulley said:
OK this is new to me. I'm curious. Are you buying points from someone in the DVC? Or is this how the resort sells their rooms? In which case how do you arrange to buy the points from someone?

Sorry if I'm being nosie, just seems like a good deal.

-Sulley

As much as I dislike linking this site, this is a very comprehensive place for information.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/RentTrade-FAQ.htm#Three

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom