Does TRON at DisneyQuest make sense?

GServo84

Original Poster
Why not? It's Disney's video game cult film. Why not put it at a large arcade? Long have I desired to see the game grid. Sorry, I was in geek mode for a sec there. Anyway, didn't the Peoplemover have some kind of TRON element to it? Or am I just tired from staying up playing Viewtiful Joe? I can't tell anymore. Soneome help me get some caffiene!

MicBat

I agree! Tron would fit PERFECTLY into DQ! I mean.. think about it... a movie about video games/computers being put into a venue which houses this idea would be excellent!!

MartyMouse

YES!!!

With Tron 2.0 out for computers (and selling well) Disney needs to do somthing for that ground breaking (flop of a) film.

Yes Disneylands PM had a short Tron segment for a few years, but is long gone now.

Who can recall the old Disney on Ice show from the early 80s that had Ton in it lit by black lights.

And I can't recall but didn't they add a Tron float to the MSEP for like a year along with a Fox and the Hound float.

MartyMouse

I think it was just a tunnel with neon lights some black lights and sound effects (but I vere saw it so I can’t be sure).

prberk

Yes, it would make a lot of sense.

And, BTW, I would really like to have a PC version of the old Tron arcade game, exactly as it was for the arcade. Anyone know if that is available anywhere?

MartyMouse

The Tron arcade game was the best!!!
But I don’t think it would be the same on a PC part of what made that game so cool was the case with the lit joystick and a cool black light.

GServo84

Original Poster
Originally posted by prberk
Yes, it would make a lot of sense.

And, BTW, I would really like to have a PC version of the old Tron arcade game, exactly as it was for the arcade. Anyone know if that is available anywhere?

I have the ROM and the emulator if anyone wants it. Only works on Windows, though.

Jerm

Tron would rock at DQ!!!!! Also the TRON part of the PM here at DL was like the part on Buzz where you go into the big room and Zurg is flying around on the film, but here they showed the Light Cycle chase and the fly over the "city". Also this is such a timely topic becuase tonight I am going to go see TRON at a midnight show here in L.A. I can't wait.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom