Does tinkerbell still fly out from the castle during Wishes?

shoppingnut

Prior to them changing the fireworks to Wishes, Tinkerbell would fly out during the Halloween fireworks dressed as a witch and Christmas as rudolf.

Even though they don't tell the story, the headless horseman still rides down, they make an announcement over the speaker system. I still think that is pretty awesome.

I definitely recommend going to the halloween event at least once, we had a blast. Trick or treating was great, my nephew had a full bag of candy, that was his goal for the evening. All the rides were either walk on or very minimal wait. The halloween parade was so cool, love the haunted mansion float with the 3 hitchhiking ghosts and the grave diggers following the float with their dance with the shovels and the man and his dog walked down before the float, he had a real blood hound dog. I noticed the dog was very interested in all the food smells.

coasterridr

Tinkerbell got stuck

This was about 8-10 years ago on the 4th of July of all nights. I had never seen the Tinkerbell flight and before the show I asked a cast member if the wire leaving the castle was the one for Tinkerbell, well the cast member went on and on about, no she reaally flies all around etc etc. I know now that he was just preserving the magic on stage, but at the time I thought "smartass". Well the show stared and Tinkerbell came out she started her "flight" and a little over half way she stopped, she started to wiggle vigorously trying to free herself, looked like some type of wild dancing going on up there. Anyway I really wanted to find the cast member from before and ask him why Peter Pan wasn't around to help her out. She finally made it down but it made the show all the more magical. I'm sure this has happened many times.

scottnj1966

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
I heard awhile ago that they were going to replace that part with a fake tinkerbell instead of an actor flying across? Anyone know if its still done by a live person if its still part of the Wishes show?

Yes she does. Got a video a couple months of her, but now I just tooka video of her at Disneyland, wow what a difference. Disneyland did a cool job. She moves up and down and back and forth.

bassman

ime pretty sure last time i saw wishes she was a real person.but 1 thing has really been buggin me, she slides down a rope from the top spire of the castle to somewhere over fantasy lands carousel right ,well i was wonderin where the heck does she go ,there is no little building of any steps or anything to get down from on top of the carousel.:confused:
unless she is really magical and can dissapear :lookaroun

goofntink

Yes, Tinkerbell does fly when weather permits.And and one time...years ago... so did Tinkerbill! There are 3 girls who do this, 1 full-time,1 part-time,and 1 standby.Weight requirement is 95-110 lbs. In the past the old gear required heavier weight requirement for the flight which was if I remember was 165lbs. So{she}usually was a cast member affectionately named Tinkerbill. Wore a mask so you couldn't see{her}face. Better equipment came along which allowed the weight requirement to be lowered, and with better cameras being made available, think digital ,the need to make sure Tinkerbell was infact not seen to be Tinkerbill was needed. So Tinkerbill had his wings clipped. And to answer another question she lands on top of the timekeeper building above noodle station in TommorrowLand.A couple of CM are there and catch her in basically mattresses. She then disappears down Stairway 27.

iheartdisney91

JimboJones123 said:
If you want a different view of the fireworks -- if you stand in front of Philharmagic -- the fireworks go up right over your head -- it's really cool.. it lights up all of fantasyland.

yes i know its sort of scary! but i love it! i stood there, and one time i stood near the haunted mansion it looked so lonely back in the darness so i felt bad and stood next to it lol and a cm of the hm must of timed when all the lights go off and went completly out of charecter and was so nice and said 1,2,3, and clapped her hands and the light was gone! sorry it was cool but out of charecter she was supposed to look and be misserible(sp) ok i'll shut up now!:lol: :p

scottnj1966

bassman said:
ime pretty sure last time i saw wishes she was a real person.but 1 thing has really been buggin me, she slides down a rope from the top spire of the castle to somewhere over fantasy lands carousel right ,well i was wonderin where the heck does she go ,there is no little building of any steps or anything to get down from on top of the carousel.:confused:
unless she is really magical and can dissapear :lookaroun

She lands on top of the building where timekeeper and buzz is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom