Does this commercial bug anyone else?

NearTheEars

What I find hilarious about the first commercial is the statement, "the best thing about going to Walt Disney World just might be staying at a Walt Disney World resort hotel." Yeah, because the best way to get people to spend thousands of dollars is to tell them the best part of the WHOLE resort is staying at the hotel. That really makes people want to fork over their cash.

Well, I mean, they aren't going to say the best part is staying on 192 and paying $17 to park every day lol. Though, still likely cheaper.

draybook

Well, I mean, they aren't going to say the best part is staying on 192 and paying $17 to park every day lol. Though, still likely cheaper.

The best part of spending thousands of dollars on a vacation should NOT be staying at the hotel. When you have as many activities as the resort has the focus should not be the resorts.

Goofyernmost

If people would only be able to understand that the $17.00 parking fee is chump change compared to the "extra" paid to sleep with a 5 foot mouse running around the halls.

The best part of spending thousands of dollars on a vacation should NOT be staying at the hotel. When you have as many activities as the resort has the focus should not be the resorts.
From the above comments... All those activities can be experienced even without staying at the resort, so they have to promote the resorts. I know it's just my opinion, but, there is nothing at all to be gained by staying at a Disney Resort. The only gain is made by Disney. They must promote and this really is a good way to do it. It didn't convince me, but, I'll bet it does many others. It's not personal, it's strictly business.

DisneyGirl3820

What hotel is that where the "Dad" is reading the story to the kids? Is that Cinderella's Castle? I think I saw fiber optics in the background.

DfromATX

That commercial doesn't bug me. THIS commercial (and its "wacky" condescension of its fans) bugs me:

(Yes, it's true, we'll be hooked on them after we get back, but that won't make us happily moronic dolts about it.)

I haven't seen that until now, but I thought it was cute.

AllydoesDisney

Now I've seen the OP commercial so many times that I just haven't been paying attention to the flaws. But I've gotten so emotional over Disney commercials ever since I got accepted in the College Program. However I never saw the Magic Band one and that was pretty stupid.

NYwdwfan

What hotel is that where the "Dad" is reading the story to the kids? Is that Cinderella's Castle? I think I saw fiber optics in the background.

Port Orleans Royal Room:

Royal-Rooms.jpg

Tom Morrow

The way they market the parks has bugged me for a while, emphasizing nostalgia, character hugging, and such, it creates the "kiddie park" impression that many people who haven't been there assume about WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom