Does the Hoop De Doo show have characters ie: mickey, minnie etc?

toystoryma

Original Poster
How is it compared to the Backyard BBQ? Would either be worth it for us to bring our 2, 5, & 7yo to? What about the Poly?

Nemo14

How is it compared to the Backyard BBQ? Would either be worth it for us to bring our 2, 5, & 7yo to? What about the Poly?
There are no characters per se, just a comedy team that sings and dances. The 2 year-old might not get much out of it, but the other 2 would probably love it. It's a lot of fun!

tigsmom

There are no characters in the Hoop De Do, but its full of corny songs, jokes and some audience aprticipation. Its great for kids of all ages, you get to hoop it up and play the washboard. The food is good too. My extended family (which includes kids and adults) all love it.

C&D

It's a 'Silly' (silly in a very good way) show. That makes it enjoyable for the whole family. Clare (Claire) is my favorite; she's the prettiest one and sat in my lap (embarassed the heck out of me but I got through it :lol: )

tigsmom

It's a 'Silly' (silly in a very good way) show. That makes it enjoyable for the whole family. Clare (Claire) is my favorite; she's the prettiest one and sat in my lap (embarassed the heck out of me but I got through it :lol: )

Is she the blond? I have a pic of her on my hubby's lap...good times, good times. :lol::lol:

pacochran

WHen we went my kids for 5 & 7 and loved it. Especially when I got picked to be Davy Crocketts Angel.

13 more days and counting.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

bluefaery

Actually, to continue the current trend of adding the characters to things, Lilo and Stitch will be added to the show.

I'm not sure if this is a rumor or if it's true but, why would L&S be added to the show when they already have their own character meal?

tigsmom

I'm not sure if this is a rumor or if it's true but, why would L&S be added to the show when they already have their own character meal?

I'm thinking a :rolleyes: should have been added at the end of that post. I haven't heard any rumors about this and I even did some searching after reading that post.

Nemo14

You asked about the Backyard BBQ thing too. I haven't heard an awful lot of good comments about it, but kids the age of yours would probably like the campfire program better (and it's free!)

toystoryma

Original Poster
Thank you! I read a few reviews on teh BBQ and Im thinking of canceling our reservation for that. We do have the dining plan but they said it counts as 2 and I dont want to give that up if its less than stellar and just for "hot dog" type things.. dh reserved it, so I was thinking of the Hoop De Doo instead.

Tell me about the campfire thing? I've heard of it and that it exists but thought it was only for those who camp there??

Nemo14

Thank you! I read a few reviews on teh BBQ and Im thinking of canceling our reservation for that. We do have the dining plan but they said it counts as 2 and I dont want to give that up if its less than stellar and just for "hot dog" type things.. dh reserved it, so I was thinking of the Hoop De Doo instead.

Tell me about the campfire thing? I've heard of it and that it exists but thought it was only for those who camp there??
Anyone can go. It's held every night at Fort Wilderness They have a sing-along (usually Chip 'n Dale are there I think), a campfire where you can roast marshmallows, then they show a Disney movie. It's very low key - our kids loved it when they were little.

rcapolete

ne of my earl memory as a child was at the Hoop-dee-doo. I did not want to go cause i thought i would be bored (i was maybe 10) at the oldest and after it was over i was speechless. I had no idea it would be that good. I always wanted to go back and never been ale. MAybe next trip i will. Kids should love it though

CoffeeJedi

In addition to Lilo and Stitch, they're also adding Jack Sparrow, Buzz Lightyear, Nemo, and to build anticipation for the new movie, the cast of "Meet the Robinsons".

The new name will be the "Disney's Hoop-dee-do and Stitch too, Synergy Revue!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom