Does the Dvc Rental Store give out renters phone numbers?

Supertech65

Original Poster
Not sure how it works though I rented from the DVC Rental Store a few times but thought it was odd that I was directly contacted by the owner of the points of my trip that I'm going on next month wanting to know if I was thinking about renting again in 2025. Is it common that they give your phone number to the person your renting from? I thought everything went through the Dvc Rental Store as far as changes, cancellation and such. I know I wasn't given the owners phone number not sure why he has mine. Is this normal?

Marionnette

Not sure how it works though I rented from the DVC Rental Store a few times but thought it was odd that I was directly contacted by the owner of the points of my trip that I'm going on next month wanting to know if I was thinking about renting again in 2025. Is it common that they give your phone number to the person your renting from? I thought everything went through the Dvc Rental Store as far as changes, cancellation and such. I know I wasn't given the owners phone number not sure why he has mine. Is this normal?
When an owner makes a reservation online, one of the fields that must be filled in is the primary guest's phone number. So yes, that is something that any rental agency needs to provide to the owner. However, the owner overstepped by contacting you directly to solicit future rentals.

Bbeagle

I would contact the DVC Rental Store and tell them about this owner. This owner is trying to make money by not paying the DVC Rental Store their fees In a future contract. This owner is using DVC as their own business and should be banned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom