Does submitting a POT matter for Corral placement for a 10K?

iubigman

Original Poster
Hi everyone, the Star Wars Rival Run will be my first Run Disney event. I know that submitting a POT is not REQUIRED for 10k's, but does it have any affect on corral placement? I will run a couple timed races this year, so will have POTs to submit, just wondering if I can/should submit them?

Thanks

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi everyone, the Star Wars Rival Run will be my first Run Disney event. I know that submitting a POT is not REQUIRED for 10k's, but does it have any affect on corral placement? I will run a couple timed races this year, so will have POTs to submit, just wondering if I can/should submit them?

Thanks

If you don't, they will put you in the last corrals. According to one rD employee I spoke with, they look at both expected finish time and a POT submitted.

iubigman

Original Poster
If you don't, they will put you in the last corrals. According to one rD employee I spoke with, they look at both expected finish time and a POT submitted.

So, additional question, do 5k’s count for POT, or does it have to be a 10k or longer?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, additional question, do 5k’s count for POT, or does it have to be a 10k or longer?

From the runDisney website for next year's race:

• Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results on or after April 1, 2017 and must be one of the below listed distances. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.
    • Half Marathon – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
  • A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
    • Name of Race
    • Distance
    • City
    • State
    • Date
    • Finish time
    • Link to Result
Note that this is the requirement for POT for just the Half Marathon. But if you want to increase your chances of starting in one of the front corrals, then use these guidelines to submit. If I remember, when registering for the 10K, it asks what you anticipate your pace to be, not how long it will take you to complete the race. I haven't registered for just a 10K in a couple of years, so I could be mistaken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom