Does Southwest participate in DME?

sweetpee_1993

I've done a bit of searching both here and on wdw.com and can't find a list of participating airlines. Forgive me if I'm being repetitious here. :hammer:

Does anyone know if Southwest has in fact joined the ranks of participating airlines for the Magical Express? We caught some great rates for our upcoming trip this morning. If they aren't it's no biggy. We'll just grab our baggage and haul it up to the DME check-in. I was just wondering...

Thanks muchly, y'all! :wave:

hartj5

DME for Southwest Flight

Yes you can use DME for a Southwest flight. I am going to WDW in April and have DME set up for my Southwest flight. Have a great trip!

:lol:

Upvote 0

TikiBeckie

When they say Southwest does not participate, they mean when you LEAVE the resort to go home, they wont bring your luggage to the airport, you have to bring it on the bus and check it in. When you first check in to go to Disney they will take your bags to the resort.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
When they say Southwest does not participate, they mean when you LEAVE the resort to go home, they wont bring your luggage to the airport, you have to bring it on the bus and check it in. When you first check in to go to Disney they will take your bags to the resort.

Perfect. That's what I was looking for. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

mitchk

Q. What is Resort Airline Check-In service?

A. Resort Airline Check-In Service is a benefit offered to you if you are staying at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel and departing on participating airlines from Orlando International Airport. You can check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass right at your Resort hotel and you will not need to check in at Orlando International Airport. At this time, the service is only available if you are flying domestically on the following airlines:

AlaskaAirlines,AmericanAirlines, Continental Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, NorthwestUnited/Ted, AirTran

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Resort Airline check-in is an entirely different service from Magical Express. Anyone flying into MCO and staying at the Disney resorts can use Magical Express for transportation to and from the airport. Resort Airline Check-In is just for participating airlines and only involves checking your luggage at the resort andtransporting it to the airport. You yourself will still ride the Magical Express bus.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

this is correct they will take care of it going but now coming.:wave:
you have to check your bags when you return to Orlando

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

There have however been some rumors that Southwest will be joining the resort airline check-in sometime in early 2008. So keep you eyes peeled and you just may get lucky. I typically fly Southwest and that would make going home a little easier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom