Does primeval whirl have issues that should be addressed?

Kramerica

Original Poster
Just got off of primeval whirl. I love the concept. But this ride feels like it was an afterthought. Something to fill a spot. And even that wouldn't be so bad. But the rides line moves slow. It's incredibly loud. And most of all, it's painful. This thighs whips and jerks so bad it almost makes it not even worth it. You guys think this ride should be reworked?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
No. It is designed to give the flip off the track feeling. It is a spinning mouse coaster. It does its job and does it well. Nothing needs to be changed as far as the coaster itself and design goes. Wild Maus was the same here in The Olde Country before moved to BGT where it is still wildly popular.

MissingDisney

Love it. The quick jerks and whip-arounds are the point of the ride. Love the quick drops and swoops. We rode it about 8 times in a row (didn't even have to get off-there was no line). We've never waited more than about 5-10 minutes for the ride other times, both sides are continuously loading....it's one of the kids favorites!. Possibly Tricera Top Spin is more your speed? ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm not a fan of PW nor the little carnival area next to it. I agree it is a 6 Flags type of attraction. After the 2nd CM was killed working on the attraction I thought for sure they'd close it and also put the carnival out of her misery. Poor CM's that have to work that what a bore. But I also feel similar about the Goofy coaster too, another off the rack 6 Flags type attraction and even after re-theming it for Circus the seat-back still digs into my spine.

SAV

While not my favorite type of ride, Primeval Hurl is exactly what it is supposed to be..a wild mouse coaster. We have one at our local Six Flags and it's the same track and everything. I usually pass it by, though.

Cybercat

Banned
Yup it's a spinning wild mouse coaster that is supposed to move like that.

I think the problem is PW is too "thrilling" for you. I would suggest rides like It's a Small World and the Living with the Land boat ride instead. You may also want to avoid Dumbo, Tricera Top Spin, and Aladdin's Magic Carpets because they have s a similar spinning effect.

Kramerica

Original Poster

I think the problem is PW is too "thrilling" for you. I would suggest rides like It's a Small World and the Living with the Land boat ride instead. You may also want to avoid Dumbo, Tricera Top Spin, and Aladdin's Magic Carpets because they have s a similar spinning effect.

Haha, right. No, its just painfully jerky. I feel unnecessarily so.

Cybercat

Banned

Jane Whalebones

Im really scared that I will get whiplash if I ride it!:eek: However, my daughter loves the ride, but gets bruised everytime she rides it.:( Yes, I think it should be reworked if they expect parents to be able to ride with their kids! Just saying'!:)

captainkidd

It's actually popular with people at the park, just not the 54 year old male forum goers here. So why fix something that isn't broken?

Popular with who? There's never a wait for Triceratop Spin. The only reason there's a wait for PW is because it's slow loading. I think it's a good bet to say it's probably the least popular "land" at any WDW park.

Popular with who? There's never a wait for Triceratop Spin. The only reason there's a wait for PW is because it's slow loading. I think it's a good bet to say it's probably the least popular "land" at any WDW park.
Hyperbole. Last time I was there, there was a wait for Tricera Top Spin. The park needs a kiddy area, despite the OP's fear of children's rides. It supplies that. If it is the "least popular" kiddy land in WDW its because Animal Kingdom is the least visited park. There have been times I've ridden on Expedition Everest 6 times in a row. So no that comparison is not legitimate.

captainkidd

Hyperbole. Last time I was there, there was a wait for Tricera Top Spin. The park needs a kiddy area, despite the OP's fear of children's rides. It supplies that. If it is the "least popular" kiddy land in WDW its because Animal Kingdom is the least visited park. There have been times I've ridden on Expedition Everest 6 times in a row. So no that comparison is not legitimate.

Actually, Hollywood Studios is the least visited WDW theme park.

Having a kiddie area is fine. That entire area is a joke. The midway games, the crappy looking roller coaster. Yeah, I know it looks like a road side fair on purpose. Doesn't mean it looks good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom