Does Jeff Galloway do the run/walk system in the Disney events?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone seen Jeff Galloway running a Disney event? Just wondering if he does the run/walk system, or if he runs the entire thing.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think they posted pictures after the 2011 Marathon of him with his medal. The lanyard band was red instead of blue, so not sure if it was an honorary thing or not.

MCC1

Why they rolled out 'RUN Disney' as a brand at the same time they cut a check to walkmaster Galloway is beyond me...wish they'd put their appearance money into bringing Rodgers back or the others they used to bring in to inspire (just saw Rodgers at the Cherry Blossom 10miler this month, now that's a guy with real credentials). I believe he does to the walk...jog...walk when he does participate...they had a 5k run w/ him @ epcot people who put their name into a drawing did with him a day before one of the races last year...and someone who was in line with us @ the expo said he even took walking breaks during that group run. Saw him the parking lot after Princess in Feb...not sure if did the distance or not, but he looked sweaty.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I think I recall him being at the WnD this past year. I didnt see him on the course.

I use that method every 4 miles, I walk 30-60 seconds and take fluids. It is a nice break mentally. That is what i got from reading his material. Works for me.

dreamfinder

He most certainly does. I passed him at the Princess race. He had a pirate on his shoulder I believe. Something about Captain Jack Galloway? I think he had on fake dreads and pirate mouse ears. At least I am assuming he was doing the walk/run as he was walking somewhere between miles 1 and 2.

GoofyInOhio

Yes he does his Run/Walk method at Disney races. He did Wine and Dine last year and I have run along side him during the Marathon as well not this past year, but the 2 before that. I've seen him run/walk with a few people and at wine and dine just one.

Disney Dawg88

Has anyone seen Jeff Galloway running a Disney event? Just wondering if he does the run/walk system, or if he runs the entire thing.

I've never seen him run, walk or run/walk but I think I remember hearing that he's one of the few people that has done every Disney marathon. Also, since his name is associated with everything "RunDisney" I'm sure he's required to have some involvement in every Disney race.

fmingo36

Not sure if he actually participated in any of the races, but he was a speaker a numerous times during the this years Marathon Weekend Expo.

joel_maxwell

I think one of the most beneficial things I learned from Galloway is his expected heat conversion chart. That really help me understand why a 7 minute mile in 30 degree weather turned into a 8:45 minute mile in 95 degree heat.

The man knows what he is talking about.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm not sure I'd knock the guy's credentials...he certainly has made a good living at what he does. He's not famous for setting land-speed records, but for developing a system that almost anybody can pick up and use and run injury free.

Anybody that can help make running more accessible is ok by me. :)

joel_maxwell

I'm not sure I'd knock the guy's credentials...he certainly has made a good living at what he does. He's not famous for setting land-speed records, but for developing a system that almost anybody can pick up and use and run injury free.

Anybody that can help make running more accessible is ok by me. :)
Agreed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom