Does It Pay!?!?!

wdwnut_2004

Original Poster
When I go on my next trip to Walt Disney World, I want to buy a video camera. Could anyone tell me if it pays to buy one, if you can't use it on the rides? Is there a site that tells you what rides you can take it on, and which ones you can't? Please Help Me! Thanks

Attachments

• rockin.jpg
    rockin.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 134

DisJosh

You can use it on most rides.....i know b/c I tape everything on all my trips....one ride they say you cant tape on is Tower of Terror.....but after the doors close they dont know and what they dont know doesnt hurt them. So yeah you can basically tape all the rides.....if your like me and like to tape the coasters, just make sure ya hold on tight to your camera!

The Mom

Premium Member
Another poster mentioned mentioned covering the "red" light with black electrical tape so it doesn't glow in the dark. If you're discreet, most people won't mind. Just don't use flash or block my view, and I won't object. Also note that there are certain areas where taping isn't allowed due to copyright laws.

DisJosh

Originally posted by marciahahn
Another poster mentioned mentioned covering the "red" light with black electrical tape so it doesn't glow in the dark. If you're discreet, most people won't mind. Just don't use flash or block my view, and I won't object. Also note that there are certain areas where taping isn't allowed due to copyright laws.

Yeah, like the animation studio tour, cranium command.....and backstage pass(which is closed now)....I'm sure there are others. But the rides for the most part you can tape. Marcia, is the red light on the camera considered external lighting? B/c on my last trip towards the begining of PoC they announced "please extinguish all extrnal lighting" I looked around and no one had external lighting and i was thinking it couldnt be me......but was it?

bonbon

I'm sure it's tons of fun to watch the ride when you get home, but at the same time I think it's more fun to enjoy the ride while you're on it. I think people should live in the moment, not just videotape so they can enjoy it at home. I don't think videotaping is stupid; I just don't understand why people do it.

DisJosh

I enjoy the ride then ride again and tape it.......on an 8 day vacation you have plenty of time to hit attractions more than once. I video tape b/c I like making movies......and i like taking home the memories and you catch all the stupid things you your family and strangers do. I mean you take pictures dont you? People take video for the same reason you take pictures. How hard is that to understand?

bonbon

Ok, sorry. I guess I didn't get my point across. I'm aiming it more at the people who have the camera in front of their face the whole time they are in Disney World. I think that is really dumb. I understand if you like to videotape sometimes. What I don't understand is the people who become obsessed with videotaping and getting pictures of everything.

DisJosh

LOL:D I'm one of the dumb people with the camera in front of my face the whole time. I've been to WDW 6 times and everytime I have the camera in front of my face......theres always something new to look at and myself and who ever I'm with is never doin the same thing.....so the vids are all unique and I enjoy watching them when I'm board or longing for WDW..........and the Disney vids are great to shut visiting relatives up for a while.

bonbon

LOL. Ooops! I guess I just can't win, can I? :D I guess i'm just not the picture-taking type. I've been to WDW every year for at least the past seven years and I have yet to take a picture (my mom makes up for that, though :rolleyes: ).

DisJosh

Bonbon, I noticed you want to be an imagineer? at least thats what it says in your profile.........check out the imagineering board and read the newest post.......it may interest you.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisJosh

Yeah, like the animation studio tour, cranium command.....and backstage pass(which is closed now)....I'm sure there are others. But the rides for the most part you can tape. Marcia, is the red light on the camera considered external lighting? B/c on my last trip towards the begining of PoC they announced "please extinguish all extrnal lighting" I looked around and no one had external lighting and i was thinking it couldnt be me......but was it?

I think it keeps any one else from noticing that your camera is on.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by bonbon
Ok, sorry. I guess I didn't get my point across. I'm aiming it more at the people who have the camera in front of their face the whole time they are in Disney World. I think that is really dumb. I understand if you like to videotape sometimes. What I don't understand is the people who become obsessed with videotaping and getting pictures of everything.

that's my dad, all the way!! lol! he tapes EVERYTHING on every trip! and we've been 13 times, so you can just imagine the homemade Disney video collection we have!! but it is such a great way to enjoy it after you get home! but in 13 trips, you've pretty much seen everything there is to see, anyway...and usually more than once. but a lot of times dad would tape parades, and then watch them later at home. that's just him though! i'm like you, i'd rather experience it myself! but it is SO wonderful to get to come home and relive your trip over and over again!!

DisneyGirL :)

... I think that DisJosh is right..
If you go on a ride, and then go another time on it and tape it
you still enjoy it!
And when you come back home it's fun to see the rides you taped !

:)

wdwrules

i agree with bonbon that you dont want to spend your whole time at disney videotapeing. i did that a couple years ago and when i got home and watched the tape it felt like i wasnt even there and was just watching someones video. i would suggest videotape a little bit of each day but spend most of your time just enjoying it while your there

DisJosh

I tape alot! alot more that normal people and I still ahve a blast. Just b/c i'm holding a camera doesnt mean I'm not enjoying it......When I'm anywhere I usually have a camera glued to my hand........thats just what I like to do. I doubt that its possible for any of you to enjoy WDW more than I do and I do it with a camera in my hand......thats just how I am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom