Does everyone in the room have to be on Dining Plan?

Knett

Just wondering if everyone attached to the room I have at Pop Century has to have to the Dining Plan or not. Some of us have the money for it and some don't. Just wondering if I can get on the Dining plan for 2 adults out of the 3 going and staying in the room.

Then please let us all know to what type of food you were referring, when you said that if someone "is figuring $20 per day for food, he'll be either hungry or full of junk food"???

If you weren't implying counter-service food, then what on Earth were you referring to? Buying bags of potato chips??? Please, let's please be real. If you weren't referring to counter-service food then please educate me, set me straight and let me know what type food you were referring to.

I implied? I referred? No. I merely pointed out that you made a mistake with regard to my post.

I'm not about to start posting a list of exactly which food products a person might buy that are not from a counter to "educate" you or set you "straight". You already seem to know quite a bit about WDW food. "Y'all" don't need the info.

I wanted to present the idea that the DDP might not be much more than the person on a budget might spend anyway. My posts were meant to be helpful. I'm not going to argue into the night over a trivial thread.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I implied? I referred? No. I merely pointed out that you made a mistake with regard to my post.

I'm not about to start posting a list of exactly which food products a person might buy that are not from a counter to "educate" you or set you "straight". You already seem to know quite a bit about WDW food. "Y'all" don't need the info.

I wanted to present the idea that the DDP might not be much more than the person on a budget might spend anyway. My posts were meant to be helpful. I'm not going to argue into the night over a trivial thread.
I understand where you're coming from ... I'd avoid my question if I were you, too.:brick:

Upvote 0

lewisc

It's possible to eat on a budget but most of techniques for eating on a budget include having some meals in your room, eating some meals in more reasonable offsite restaurants and sharing meals. Another technique is to have your table service meal at breakfast or lunch won't work well when the other 2 member of the party might prefer to use their TS credits at dinner time.

OP is staying onsite. POP doesn't have a refrig. Presumably most of their time will be spent at their resort and in the parks. It's going to be hard to eat, on a budget, without eating a lot of junk. There are far more places to buy popcorn at WDW then fruit. I think the third person is going to wind up filling up on the CS food the other two don't eat. Finishing the fries for example.

Upvote 0

Knett

Original Poster
Ok that pretty much sums up what I needed to know. Now heres another question. Say we get the DDP, but I also have 2 kids with me under 3 years of age. Do I need a plan for them as well?

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Ok that pretty much sums up what I needed to know. Now heres another question. Say we get the DDP, but I also have 2 kids with me under 3 years of age. Do I need a plan for them as well?

You need to have them added with the package, but they will not be charged for the dining plan.

Pam

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Pam's right.

If you plan well, you'll be able to have them eat off your plates much of the time. The table-service credit for two adult meals buys you a whole lotta food, and I'd think most of the time the two of you will be able to engineer at least some food that the little ones might nibble from. And then you'll also sometimes (or often, who knows!) pay out of pocket for those things here and there that they like that you guys don't feel like ordering for yourselves.
As far as beverages, if your kids drink milk, and if even just one of the two of you is cool with water to drink instead of a soft drink, then bingo, use the beverage portion of the table-service meal to get milk which you can split between the kids, and depending on how much they drink you might buy another out-of-pocket.

Here's a hint about counter service -- even if it doesn't say so on the menu, on almost every counter-service meal that comes with fries you can ask to substitute grapes and carrots (both, NOT one of the other) for the fries. SO if your kids like these, they can have them to munch on all week instead of greasy fries.

These are just ideas, of course ... I have no clue how your family eats!

HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom