Does EE go upside down?

IWorkWTeeth

Original Poster
A friend of ours just came back from MK and told me that a CM told her that it goes upside down when you are traveling backwards. I told her that I didn't think so because of the harness system. Has anyone else heard this??
:wave:

RnRJoe6114

No inversions, but at one point during the backwards section there is a helix or something similar to one that gives a small sensation of an inversion.

jedimaster1227

IWorkWTeeth said:
A friend of ours just came back from MK and told me that a CM told her that it goes upside down when you are traveling backwards. I told her that I didn't think so because of the harness system. Has anyone else heard this??
:wave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wish!!! That would make the already 100% amazing ride even better! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been on it several times. It does not go upside down at all.

The ride has lap restraints only, no shoulder harness which are used when coasters go upside down.

Gary

colliera

S i d e w a a a y y y s s s

The helixes both inside and out have some pretty strong lateral G-forces. The second on the outside being the strongest.

Perhaps the CM was thinking of Rock'n'Roller Coaster at MGM. The first thing after the launch is a 360 degree loop. It's the only inversion I can think of at WDW.

JC03

There are some coasters that go upside down with only a lap bar (Mindbender at Six Flags GA for one unless they have changed it since I last went a few years back), so you can't always tell from the restraint. However, as everyone has said, EE does not go upside down.

Woser

JC03 said:
There are some coasters that go upside down with only a lap bar (Mindbender at Six Flags GA for one unless they have changed it since I last went a few years back), so you can't always tell from the restraint. However, as everyone has said, EE does not go upside down.

this is true, there are a few like this that exist still, where they do inversions with only a lap bar, but they were "grandfathered" in when the law was changed in .. i want to say the late 80's.

But ya, EE is like Big thunder. Lots of turns no loops.

Lee

Adventurer
Woser said:
this is true, there are a few like this that exist still, where they do inversions with only a lap bar, but they were "grandfathered" in when the law was changed in .. i want to say the late 80's.
There is no law concerning lap bars or over-the-shoulder restraints on rides with inversions.
Just FYI.:wave:

Pongo

Scorpion at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has one inversion and (last time I rode it) a lap bar.

It is NOT a fun experience. Unless you like your face in your lap.

SpenceMan01

Pongo said:
Scorpion at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has one inversion and (last time I rode it) a lap bar.

It is NOT a fun experience. Unless you like your face in your lap.
I was just going to mention that one. I was there ~13 years ago and there wasn't really anyone there riding, so the ride ops just let people ride it again and again and again without having to walk around the line again. I rode it at least 20 times and had a blast.

Pongo

SpenceMan01 said:
I was just going to mention that one. I was there ~13 years ago and there wasn't really anyone there riding, so the ride ops just let people ride it again and again and again without having to walk around the line again. I rode it at least 20 times and had a blast.

If I did that, I think I might just go crazy :lol:

Every single time the went into the loop, try as I might, I could not keep my head up. I hated it.

FigmentJedi

Oh for the love of...
WHY THE HECK WOULD A TEA TRAIN GO UPSIDE DOWN!
Rockin' Roller Coaster is the only ride on WDW property outside of CyberSpace Mountain to have a loop. That and it seems like a cardinal rule of most of the mountain coasters to be all inversionless, the only exception being Paris's Space Mountain.

Tahu said:
Oh for the love of...
WHY THE HECK WOULD A TEA TRAIN GO UPSIDE DOWN!
Rockin' Roller Coaster is the only ride on WDW property outside of CyberSpace Mountain to have a loop. That and it seems like a cardinal rule of most of the mountain coasters to be all inversionless, the only exception being Paris's Space Mountain.
So then it's not the cardinal rule...hmmmm, anyway...I wonder who that CM was???:animwink:

HEY NOW DONT DIS MY FAVOR JR COASTER. SCORP. ROCKS that was my first coaster ever and it was and is still my favorite and my favorite big coaster next to everest is SHEIKRA "200 feet up, 90 degrees straight down".

flscooman

MainStreetMouse said:
I have been on it several times. It does not go upside down at all.

Gary
The ride has lap restraints only, no shoulder harness which are used when coasters go upside down.
While EE does not go upside down, not all looping coasters have shoulder harnesses. Son of Beast Kings Island Ohio, Mindbender Six Flags Atlanta, and Scorpion Busch Gardens Africa Tampa to name a few.:)
sorry should have read all posts before replying

flscooman

Woser said:

But ya, EE is like Big thunder. Lots of turns no loops.
law?? Son of Beast opened in 2000

Testtrack321

Lee said:
There is no law concerning lap bars or over-the-shoulder restraints on rides with inversions.
Just FYI.:wave:

Both Outer Limits at PKD and PKI have been modified to be lap bars from OTSR back around 2000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom