News Does Disneyland have too much Star Wars?

Miru

Does Disneyland have too much Disney? All these aging irrelevant properties can be replaced with attractions based on far more successful modern Marvel and Star Wars series. The people want to ride with Iron Man and Rey, not Mr. Toad and Roger Rabbit.

Now you’re thinking like Universal.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Orrr.. or or.. hear me out.. we could add more attractions in the spirit of IJA, Splash, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Space, Haunted, Pirates.. you know, some of the things that made Disneyland, Disneyland-popular. Mission Cheapout and Hyperspace and Incredicoaster aren't doing anything other than maintaining the same crowd levels as before (oh, lol, I mean less crowds than before).

Miru

Orrr.. or or.. hear me out.. we could add more attractions in the spirit of IJA, Splash, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Space, Haunted, Pirates.. you know, some of the things that made Disneyland, Disneyland-popular. Mission Cheapout and Hyperspace and Incredicoaster aren't doing anything other than maintaining the same crowd levels as before (oh, lol, I mean less crowds than before).

Today, we’re going to delve into why these 2017-onwards attractions have been getting more and more repulsive to people. Well, there are those cheap-out TFA promo attractions that are somehow still running despite seeming like they should be temporary like the Toy Story Funhouse. We have to do something with those.

Another thing; color theory. This is what seems to be missing from a lot of modern attractions. Galaxy’s Edge, in particular, should point us to the elephant and 800-pound gorilla in the room that is the controversial sequels, their primary basis.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not that it has too much star wars, it's that is does not have the RIGHT version of star wars in it's star wars land. that's the killer.
Of course....the elephant in the room.

This isn’t complicated:

If you defend Disney’s handling of it...it’s all about love of disney
If you criticize it...you’re a fanboy hater troll.

Those are the stereotypes.

The truth is that they’ve done a bad job. It’s not stronger...it’s weaker. Very hard to misread the Trend with a straight face. We can debate the reasons.

Stevek

Well that's a defeatist attitude if I've ever heard one...
Please elaborate. Should I riot? Write letters? It's not defeatist, it's the reality that Galaxy's Edge is here and not going anywhere. I do believe we will have less Star Wars at some point if an when they reskin Star Tours.

I guess I don't see why there needs to be a debate at this point. We've had a couple of years of why people love/hate Star Wars going in to Disneyland in a bigger way. This is just another thread for people to say the same things again.

Mac Tonight

Please elaborate. Should I riot? Write letters? It's not defeatist, it's the reality that Galaxy's Edge is here and not going anywhere. I do believe we will have less Star Wars at some point if an when they reskin Star Tours.

I guess I don't see why there needs to be a debate at this point. We've had a couple of years of why people love/hate Star Wars going in to Disneyland in a bigger way. This is just another thread for people to say the same things again.
Yes! Riot! Tweet your Congress-person! Create a Bob Chapek pinata and smash it!

Sorry, I forgot to turn on my sarcasm font.

I'm actually with you though. I think we're draining the teat dry on how many times we can decry Star Wars (the Halloween costume count thread comes to mind).

No harm, no foul.

Sharon&Susan

I still don't get who Disney is targeting with Path of the Jedi?

The previews shows at the other theaters at least make a lick of sense as no one's seen the movie yet (even if they don't draw an audience by the end of the first day). But, the Star Wars movies are the most iconic movies of all time! Do most people really need a recap of what the force is? Or the darkside? Or any other basic Star Wars elements?

Honestly with how underutilized the Tomorrowland theater is, I hope it's the first thing that goes with any Tomorrowland remodel. Maybe make it a restaurant, shop, or anything else that can free up other spots in Tomorrowland for attraction use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom