• Yes. Absolutely

Votes: 57 81.4%
  • No. I don't like them.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • What's a Dinner Show?

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters

Heppenheimer

A legitimate stage show at the Golden Horseshoe -- or even just a Western vaudeville-style variety show with acts like a Davy Crockett or Will Rogers-inspired storyteller, a jug band, a ragtime piano player or funny songstress (a la Madeline Kahn in "Blazing Saddles") would not go amiss. There are ways to do it that would keep the scale small, and wouldn't infringe on the content and theme of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. A restaurant with an empty stage (or one occupied by a broken, lonely player piano) is just pathetic and sad.
My understanding is that the Golden Horseshoe facility doesn't have enough seating capacity to justify the cost of a live show. It apparently only stayed open for as long as it did because some of the older executives at the time loved it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
A couple I thought might work would be:

A Speakeasy/Family Friendly Gangster type theme on the Boardwalk. Kinda like Capone's on Irlo Bronson, but I think Disney could do it much better.

A 1900's Florida Victorian era show at GF - maybe a murder/mystery

As many have mentioned a Pirates themed dinner show at CBR

Turning Skipper Canteen at MK into a show. (Which may somewhat satiate us AC fans)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

KCheatle

I love dinner shows. I wish they still did the show they do at DL at the Golden Horseshoe. So classic! The only reason I can come up with why they don't do more of these is the guest turnaround is so much slower. People want to watch the show so instead of eating, leaving, and letting the next people sit. I think they try to make up for this at the Hoop-de-doo Review by making it so expensive and off the dining plan for some of the seating there (plus, it's pay in advance). Germany's restaurant has a show, but we don't care for German food, so we don't go. It'd be awesome if they'd do more shows in the Epcot restaurants, though, since food is so closely linked with culture.

Patcheslee

I think I have an idea that would kill a few birds with one stone. What if they had a theater acting program for kids, ages 6 to to 16. It could be a drop off where you drop the kids off at say 5 pm. They eat there and work on a performance for 2 hours, then boom, at 7 pm mom and dad get a dinner show with kids mixed with staff to perform it. It would be a real simple thing and it is totally doable. I mean Belles Enchanted Story works and the kids get next to no prep.
THIS!!! I would seriously pay $100/person because my 10yo likes to do plays at the community theater, and wants to act. Disney already offers workshops but nothing for individual kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom