Does disney care about this news?

flavious27

Everyone seems to forget DC . With Harry potter doing so well at universal , they might forgo Marvel and retheme with DC characters as Warner owns DC .

but warner would not to break the contract with six flags for comcast to own those rights. six flags is going to fight to keep those superhero ip in their parks, and I doubt that warner brothers is going to get as much money from comcast than through six flags.

gljvd

but warner would not to break the contract with six flags for comcast to own those rights. six flags is going to fight to keep those superhero ip in their parks, and I doubt that warner brothers is going to get as much money from comcast than through six flags.

You really don't know , six flags has been doing very poorly and recently exited chapter 11

So depending on what Six flags contract with Warner says , it may be an easy out for them or Six flags may perfer to get bought out and just retool the rides as normal roller costers. Also Universal having DC at Islands of adventure while Six flags keeping DC at its more local theme parks ( six flags has no florida park) could drive up attendance around the country for them.

Heck when you look at universal studios the closest six flags is in georgia

I mean look at Sesame street. They have their own park in PA but Sea world in florida has them also.

We'd really have to see a contract

flavious27

You really don't know , six flags has been doing very poorly and recently exited chapter 11

So depending on what Six flags contract with Warner says , it may be an easy out for them or Six flags may perfer to get bought out and just retool the rides as normal roller costers. Also Universal having DC at Islands of adventure while Six flags keeping DC at its more local theme parks ( six flags has no florida park) could drive up attendance around the country for them.

Heck when you look at universal studios the closest six flags is in georgia

I mean look at Sesame street. They have their own park in PA but Sea world in florida has them also.

We'd really have to see a contract

just so you know, you can not curse on this forum, unless you s p e l l i t o u t and the mods ban you.

Six flags was in trouble before, which was a result of many different reasons. But they entered out of bankruptcy at about the time their season started last year and they ended with a profit, their first since '98.

As for the contract, it has been said here and also noted on six flags investor site that they have an exclusive contract with WB. Six Flags has spent so much time and money to be associated with DC characters that they will just take a payout when they are on the rebound. Also, Six Flags and WB doesn't need to confuse their customers between what is really the new batman or green lantern ride. Even at that, six flags rides are much more exiting than the decade old ride on superhero island.

You do know that Seaworld owns Sesame Place right?

gljvd

I wasn't aware that I cursed. Please point it out and I will edit it out .

Anyway Six flags exited chapter 11 in 2010. While they may have posted a profit in 2010 , they are still hurting for funds.

As for Sea world and Sesame place , thank you i did not know that

As for six flags, When I was at great adventure ( NJ park) the place was horrible. I hadn't gone in a few years but we went yesterday. The superman rid needed a paint job , Half of the wooden signs with the characters were broken and extremely out of date( They had kyle the green lantern in his original suit that was replaced in 2004 and kyle has since been completely revamped again)

The Bizzaro ride still had alot of the theming from when it was medussa , the log flume was looking very unsafe with a ton of visable rusting.

They did have green lantern which looked nice and replaced the scream machine.

I'm not sure that Six flags is in a postion to turn down money.

flavious27

I wasn't aware that I cursed. Please point it out and I will edit it out .

Anyway Six flags exited chapter 11 in 2010. While they may have posted a profit in 2010 , they are still hurting for funds.

As for Sea world and Sesame place , thank you i did not know that

As for six flags, When I was at great adventure ( NJ park) the place was horrible. I hadn't gone in a few years but we went yesterday. The superman rid needed a paint job , Half of the wooden signs with the characters were broken and extremely out of date( They had kyle the green lantern in his original suit that was replaced in 2004 and kyle has since been completely revamped again)

The Bizzaro ride still had alot of the theming from when it was medussa , the log flume was looking very unsafe with a ton of visable rusting.

They did have green lantern which looked nice and replaced the scream machine.

I'm not sure that Six flags is in a postion to turn down money.

the forum blocks common profanity by just changing it to a space, most forums do that to keep these civil.

every company in the amusement park industry is hurting for funds, six flags is no different but they posted an impressive earnings report for the last financial year. They had their revenue grow 9% to 976 million, their bottom line grew from a negative 229 million to 599 million in the black.

What theming on Bizarro was left over from medussa? They painted everything over, they didn't a show building you fly through; the only effects are ones that go with the ride.

Superman looked kind of faded on the couple of videos that were uploaded recently but its isn't powered blue. I don't know what cutouts you are complaining about being outdated; the large cutout for the "new" ride matches the costume in the movie, which makes sense because they both opened at near the same time.

I won't say that GA is better than WDW but it isn't as bad as your portray it to be, the only really bad thing are the ny weekends.

Six Flags isn't in a position to remove ip that helps to draw people into the parks.

cheezbat

In all honesty I could see Six flags being ok with Universal using the DC characters in the Orlando resort ONLY. I could see them making up some contract that way. Why? Well it's as someone stated earlier:no Six Flags within 8 hours of Universal. No competition. Nobody is going to say, "well we aren't going to Six Flags now because we just went to Universal and they have a batman ride" It makes no sense. It really wouldn't affect their business. Now, if they agreed to a contract for ALL Universal parks...that's a different story. Seeing as how Six Flags Magic Mountain is not even an hour away from Universal Studios in California, that would become problematic...but one island with the DC characters at IOA would be a no brainer.

flavious27

In all honesty I could see Six flags being ok with Universal using the DC characters in the Orlando resort ONLY. I could see them making up some contract that way. Why? Well it's as someone stated earlier:no Six Flags within 8 hours of Universal. No competition. Nobody is going to say, "well we aren't going to Six Flags now because we just went to Universal and they have a batman ride" It makes no sense. It really wouldn't affect their business. Now, if they agreed to a contract for ALL Universal parks...that's a different story. Seeing as how Six Flags Magic Mountain is not even an hour away from Universal Studios in California, that would become problematic...but one island with the DC characters at IOA would be a no brainer.

I see the problem with customers being confused when either uni has a new ride or six flags does. Along with that, part of the appeal for younger guests is the ability to meet and greet, six flags won't give that chance up aong with any merch sales.

If uni switches to another comic book publisher, they have a relationship with dark horse.

lazyboy97o

Getting between Six Flags Over Georgia and Universal Orlando Resort in about seven hours is an easy feat.

The biggest issue with DC being at Six Flags and Universal Orlando Resort is not that people would stop going to Six Flags, but might confuse a nationally advertised Universal offering as being a Six Flags offering. But this is all contingent on Universal wanting to give up a contract that is heavily in their favor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom