Does Club Level at Grand Floridian ever have discounts?

captainkidd

Just curious - I'd really like to stay at the Royal Palm in July, but the price is absurd at rack rate. Anyone know if there are ever discounts, general or AP Holder for it?

Scuttle

Certainly not in WDW, for the quality of service and amenities you get for teh price...its truly outrageous.

Exactly. If you went and stayed at some 5 diamond award hotels for the same price it be 10 times better service. Anyway I just stayed at the GF in early December and I have to say overall it was pretty awesome. The popcorn lights bugged the hell out of me and the overall atmosphere wasnt my favorite, but the pros without a doubt outweigh the cons here though. The boat to the MK and first stop monorail service is awesome. IMO Gaspirillas grill and games was the best counter service restaurant I have been to. The rooms are good size and the beds and pillows were incredibly comfortable. They were also giving out roasted chestnuts when we walked up to check in. I could go on and on, but needless to say I am now a GF convert as well. Is it my favorite resort at WDW? No, but it's close.

Upvote 0

COProgressFan

Exactly. If you went and stayed at some 5 diamond award hotels for the same price it be 10 times better service. Anyway I just stayed at the GF in early December and I have to say overall it was pretty awesome. The popcorn lights bugged the hell out of me and the overall atmosphere wasnt my favorite, but the pros without a doubt outweigh the cons here though. The boat to the MK and first stop monorail service is awesome. IMO Gaspirillas grill and games was the best counter service restaurant I have been to. The rooms are good size and the beds and pillows were incredibly comfortable. They were also giving out roasted chestnuts when we walked up to check in. I could go on and on, but needless to say I am now a GF convert as well. Is it my favorite resort at WDW? No, but it's close.

Interesting opinion about Gasparillas....I find it to be the worst of any of the quick serve resort locations on property. Very limited selection of items compared to other locations, and a tiny seating area right next to the arcade games. Not very pleasant at all. Just out of curiosity, what did you like about it?

Upvote 0

Scuttle

Interesting opinion about Gasparillas....I find it to be the worst of any of the quick serve resort locations on property. Very limited selection of items compared to other locations, and a tiny seating area right next to the arcade games. Not very pleasant at all. Just out of curiosity, what did you like about it?

Gasparillas I thought was VERY good counter service. They have some of the best cupcakes and snakes in any of the CS spots. The self serve ice cream with hot fudge and caramel was fantastic and the turkey club we had was amazing. I forgot what the salad was called, but that to was amazing. I guess one of the main reasons I liked it so much was because it was open 24 hours. I didn't get to try any of the breakfast although it looked damn good. The seating situation inside isnt good i agree, but the outside seating is huge and we thought it was great, granted we were there early Dec. Overall I thought this counter service was amazing and the best I have had at any of the resorts. I think it lives up to what it should be, the best counter service in the best hotel.

P.S. Only bad thing was that the arcade is right there and makes it look a little tacky and takes away from the theme, but who cares about theme at a CS restaurant?

Upvote 0

Nesian

the last time we stayed at the GF, we booked the cheapest room there, I believe it was a garden view room. Upon our arrival, a cm greeted us at the door and told us we would be staying at the club level in sugar loaf. We thought there was some mistake, but they said that wasn't the case so we stayed in sugar loaf.Free snacks and beverages throughout the day. At the end of our stay, I had to double check our bill to make sure we weren't charged an additional fee. Much to my delight, our bill was paid in full. Is this a common occurrence for disney just to randomly upgrade us to the club level from a garden view room?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
the last time we stayed at the GF, we booked the cheapest room there, I believe it was a garden view room. Upon our arrival, a cm greeted us at the door and told us we would be staying at the club level in sugar loaf. We thought there was some mistake, but they said that wasn't the case so we stayed in sugar loaf.Free snacks and beverages throughout the day. At the end of our stay, I had to double check our bill to make sure we weren't charged an additional fee. Much to my delight, our bill was paid in full. Is this a common occurrence for disney just to randomly upgrade us to the club level from a garden view room?
No. Free upgrades are done based on operational needs of the resort and on a rare occasion for promotion. Operational needs of a resort cover a myriad of reasons why your might not have been available (such as them running out of standard rooms because some were pulled from inventory for maintenance, repair, etc) or to simply make house keeping more efficient. At times, some guests will be moved from a value or moderate resort to a DVC resort as a DVC promotion.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom