Does changing the room type affect any booking offers?

richiejv

Original Poster
Hello one and all!

Probably a stupid question (they are my specialty), but does changing an existing hotel booking to a different room type impact any offers made when originally booked?

For context; we’ve booked Contemporary for next September with the $150 per night gift card offer. If we were to change the room type (from garden wing to the main tower), would we still receive the gift card from the initial booking?

Thank you!

donnylambb

It should not affect the offer. We have booked in advance and a couple of months before a better offer came out and Disney changed us to that offer and gave us some money back.

Marionnette

Hello one and all!

Probably a stupid question (they are my specialty), but does changing an existing hotel booking to a different room type impact any offers made when originally booked?

For context; we’ve booked Contemporary for next September with the $150 per night gift card offer. If we were to change the room type (from garden wing to the main tower), would we still receive the gift card from the initial booking?

Thank you!
It all depends on a) whether the offer is still active and b) whether a room in the main tower is available under that offer.

a) If the offer has expired, chance are good that you would not retain your gift cards when you switch your room reservation. Frontline phone CMs cannot make the switch for you. It's a computer programming thing. A supervisor might be able to override the system but it's rare. You definitely cannot do it online once an offer has expired.

b) Only a finite number of rooms in each category are made available when a discount offer is created. Once those rooms are booked up, you would not be able to switch to another room and still get the offer, even if you can see the room you want is available. The offer would need to still be active AND the new room that you want would have to have availability under the offer.

JohnD

Hello one and all!

Thank you!
Won't affect the offer but will obviously affect the price based on the type of room you pick.

RoadiJeff

Hello one and all!

Thank you!
Keep in mind that the main tower rooms cost more than a garden wing. For a water view, the difference is around $200 per night. Disney might be offering the $150 deal to get more people to stay in a garden wing room and the same offer may not apply to the main tower.

I'm curious, is that deal for a $150 discount off the room rate or is that the actual price per night?

Last edited:

lewisc

Your "deal" is now for a specific reservation;date, resort and room category. Changes generally require the promotion has availability for all your proposed changes. In other words can you book a brand new reservation with the promotion?

You have to call. Was the dining promotion available for your dates when you booked.

You want to give the mouse more money. You might get an exception

richiejv

Original Poster
Keep in mind that the main tower rooms cost more than a garden wing. For a water view, the difference is around $200 per night. Disney might be offering the $150 deal to get more people to stay in a garden wing room and the same offer may not apply to the main tower.

I'm curious, is that deal for a $150 discount off the room rate or is that the actual price per night?

Apologies, forgot to respond at the time. The “discount” is just a dining voucher which we get on arrival, and was available for all room categories when we booked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom