Does Cape May feel like "nice" restaurant?

missypie

I looked at photos of lots of the restaurants on allearsnet and all looked very nice...except that Cape May looked kind of cold and cheap, like maybe an IHOP or Denny's? Is that true, or was I looking at a bad photograph? It will cost about $100 for our family to eat the seafood buffet, and at that price, I guess I expected something a little nicer or better themed. Comments?

imagineer99

If you want to go strictly on decoration and aesthetics, I think that Cape May is MUCH nicer than IHOP or Denny's.

However, I wouldn't go there expecting five-star dinning accomodations. It is a buffet after all. There are some really nice murals in the restaurant.

Plus, you can write on the paper lining of the tables with crayons (a la macaroni grill)! That's always a plus.;)

Seems pretty nice to me. The real turn off of such places comes from the noise level.

http://images.mouseplanet.com/wdw/compressed/Resorts/BCR/cape_may_buffet_holland.jpg

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Cape May is a nice casual restaurant. It is nicely themed, open and airy. I would compare it to the Crystal Palace, just on a smaller scale. Are you staying at the Yacht and Beach Club? Or making a special trip to the resorts for the Cape May buffet?

Upvote 0

ZHoyt

It's not exactly a fancy restaraunt, but the quality is (usually) very high. I'm not sure of the exact price per person, but for Disney it isn't a bad value. It may not have crystal chandeliers, but it is quite comfortable and nice in it's own right, just don't expect a fancy restaraunt- this may be Disney, but it is still a buffet.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I thought the Cape May Cafe was very nice, casual, light & airy. We really enjoyed the buffet, even those who aren't that wild about seafood. The desserts were yummy too. My kids had a great time (so did the adults) drawing on the paper table covering. :wave:

Upvote 0

Yellowbird97

The Cape May Room is a very, very nice place to eat. The theme is of course Beach theme and is located in the Beach Club, which is a very upscale hotel. My family and I eat there for the Clambake in evening almost every time we go to WDW and throughly enjoy the atmosphere and especially the food. The clam chowder is to die for. The other food available is oysters/clams, shrimp, chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes (delish!), salad, veggies, great desserts and they also have kiddie selections similar to what is available at most of the restaurants in WDW, chicken fingers, corn on the cob, maccaroni and cheese, etc. They also have a great breakfast with characters Goofy, Chip/Dale, Minnie. I have personally eaten all of the food there (I usually am good for 10 pounds with each visit to WDW) and believe you cannot go wrong eating there. :drevil:

Upvote 0

Mom's the word

DH and I found Cape May was lovely, I don't remember a lot of theme decorations but we thought the food was definitely worth the price, terrific buffet. I went wild over the desserts while DH cleared out the clams. You can always cruise by the restaurant and have a look if you stop in at the hotel, it's not a long walk from Epcot's International Gateway. That way you can see for yourself if you like the atmosphere enough to have dinner there.

Upvote 0

Lilo

We enjoyed the Cape May, espcially for breakfast. For dinner, the food was really good. If you want to be served, try the Yachtman Steakhouse(?) at the Yacht Club. Very fancy (and priced accordingly) but great food. :slurp:

Enjoy whatever you do.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom