Does anyone miss Alien Encounter, or is it just me?

hiptwinmama

I loved Alien Encounter... but I still remember when it was Mission to Mars...

4e6d7380.jpg

Kitchandro

So what if it wasn't for kids? That's not really an excuse to get rid of it. Didin't Disney say once something a long the lines of 'Adults are just big kids anyway'?

You wouldn't take a young child on Space Mountain or the Tower of Terror or numerous thrilling rides. That doesn't mean they don't have a place there, you've just got to use common sense about which rides your kids should go on.

Just to back up my point I was terrified of this when I was about 8 the only time I went on it. But now, I really wish it was still there. I grew up. Kids grow up and then they like different things.

What they should of done is had a strict age restriction on it like they have height restrictions on other rides.

216bruce

My wife and kids never went on it again after our first time- it was that effective. My son, who is now 23 went on it when he was about 9 or 10 and he's pretty fearless with thrill rides, but said "no way" to riding that again. I rode it alone after that first time and miss it greatly. The Alien was the best AA I've seen when combined with the effects and the sound. I loved Skippy.

WDWVolFan

OK funny story: when I was 13 I went on there with my uncle and when it all went dark and Alien "was loose", I said out loud...holy crap this is scary! My uncle at that time grabbed my leg and I was freaking out!
To this date he still makes fun of me...

Then a couple years later when I came back with one of the ginormous Brazilian tour groups, I was sitting next to a girl that said she was scared at the same time I did two year beforehand...I pulled the same trick on her and on the other girl next to me and those two girls were screaming non-stop thinking the Alien was trying to grab them...ah good times.
It was a fun ride.

Communicore

I miss the ride, but only because I was a Tomorrowland CM when it was being built and we got to go on it before the second opening. I still remember the bassy rumble at the Cosmic's CM breakroom and the CM facilities were next to it and you can feel the thump of the bass as you use the facilities.

MOXOMUMD

OK funny story: when I was 13 I went on there with my uncle and when it all went dark and Alien "was loose", I said out loud...holy crap this is scary! My uncle at that time grabbed my leg and I was freaking out!
To this date he still makes fun of me...

Then a couple years later when I came back with one of the ginormous Brazilian tour groups, I was sitting next to a girl that said she was scared at the same time I did two year beforehand...I pulled the same trick on her and on the other girl next to me and those two girls were screaming non-stop thinking the Alien was trying to grab them...ah good times.
It was a fun ride.
Okay this is hilarious! I probably would have given you a good elbow though. :) Such a gentleman, lol.

Marc Gil

Brings me back to my Middle School days. On my Eighth Grade field trip I tricked all of my friends into riding. It scared to bejesus out of them. I'm evil... Oh memories...

dxwwf3

Brings me back to my Middle School days. On my Eighth Grade field trip I tricked all of my friends into riding. It scared to bejesus out of them. I'm evil... Oh memories...
I am a teacher that has had the opportunity to travel with our local high school basketball teams to WDW a few times and not being able to show my kids this attraction always breaks my heart.

Marc Gil

I am a teacher that has had the opportunity to travel with our local high school basketball teams to WDW a few times and not being able to show my kids this attraction always breaks my heart.
We didn't travel with any chaperones. I mean once we got to the park we had to pair up. So I had a group of eight people in my group. The only thing that sucked was that every few hours we had to check in with our teachers at the front to let them know we weren't kidnapped lol.

dxwwf3

We didn't travel with any chaperones. I mean once we got to the park we had to pair up. So I had a group of eight people in my group. The only thing that sucked was that every few hours we had to check in with our teachers at the front to let them know we weren't kidnapped lol.
Our teams don't go with chaperones either, but the kids usually like for me to go and I always enjoy showing the parks to my former students.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I went on AE with my older sister and mom in the late 90s. I was 8? I think. Anyway, AE was the scariest attraction I had ever been on. My sister and I both got off crying, but I remember doing it again with my dad and older brother on the same trip. ;) A good scary and I do miss it.
That being said, I guess I am one of the few who likes Stitch's Great Escape. :oops: I think it is really funny and super cute, IMHO.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom