Does anyone have suggestions of specific supplements for reducing stress?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've had a lot going on in the past month and it has been coming out in physical ways lately. Like daily headaches, low grade fever, stomach pains etc. My BP is high but because its only been a month my Dr said no to meds.

Just to give a quick background in the past month... I got 2 kittens one of which was the runt and dang near died after I got her but glad to report she seems to be better after nearly a month of meds, my nephew had a collapsed lung and basically has been told he could die at random, my niece moved out of state for a job which of course im happy for her but its a change, my cousin (who is my parents age) went from fine to dying in the next couple weeks of cancer, my dad's farming has not gone well thus far this year, and the thing that has gotten me the most upset/anxious is that my mom's lymphoma which had been a very slow growing form suddenly has grown and now she's having all kinds of symptoms and can't see the Dr until August and not that this is nearly as important but my Disney trip is now up in the air for next month.

So at least I have good reasons to feel stressed and have high blood pressure.
And all I keep reading is just saying to lay down and relax in order to regain calm but as soon as I do that I think more about all of these things and then my headache, fever, stomach pains, and BP all get worse not better.
I haven't been sleeping great either. When I am sleeping I'm all good but I seem to wake up a lot.

Before I just pick something at random I was just wondering if anyone on here has used a certain supplement that they felt really helped reduce their stress and anxiety levels?

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

After speaking to a Professional Holistic/Naturopath I was guided to include Ashwagandha and Saffron daily to my vitamins and other supplements. I have been taking them for years and found they work great for me.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After speaking to a Professional Holistic/Naturopath I was guided to include Ashwagandha and Saffron daily to my vitamins and other supplements. I have been taking them for years and found they work great for me.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually think I found an answer as to why all these symptoms have been happen9ing.
Although my one doctor does not agree but I almost think its because she is not well informed which is weird since she's the doctor.
About 10 days before my symptoms started I had gotten the birth control arm implant Nexplanon.
It had only been in for 4 weeks but I decided to get it out.
My gyn said absolutely no way is this causing your headaches, high BP, aches/pains, nausea, anxiety etc but took it out anyways because legally they are not allowed to deny removal.
Initially I thought it was from too much progestin in my body since that is what the implant contains.
What I have found since is that it suppresses estrogen for at least 6 months.
So after looking up low estrogen I think I found my answers.
Its amazing how much it can effect. Even high BP and heart palpitations are said to be a direct result of too low of estrogen.
Headache and jaw pain are other symptoms.
Having too low of estrogen can also increase you stress hormones.
A lot of my symptoms have decreased in the last 72 hoursbut are not completely gone.
I'm hoping though that in the next week or so everything really starts to balance out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom