Does anyone have a pic of the crane?

PPJV

Original Poster
I would like to know if anyone has been to the Magic Kingdom in the past two days and could confirm that there is a crane next to the castle during the day.

disneydudette

I agree....ne pics would be helpful...were leaving next week with first timers...its going to be a real dissapointment if there extreamly noticable....

Al

I bet that crane really ruins the "magical" image of the castle. I guess it will look better in the long run though :)

fngoofy

Just stopped in the MK for a bit today and yes there is a crane there. They also have the walk through of the castle closed off, and the 2 little pavillions on each side of the stage walled off. Yeah, the crane doesnt fit, but they gotta do what they gotta do.

orlpassholder

I can confirm from a Cast Member friend

Cinderella Castle Painting and Crane Present
From August 18th through September 14th there will be a large crane next to Cinderella Castle to paint the roofs. The crane will be visible to our Guests everday, even during the first two weeks (weeks of August 18th and 25th) when all of the work will be done on third shift. During the last two weeks (weeks of September 1st and 8th) work will be done during the day as well.

There will be barricades present on the back of Cinderella Castle from the Compass Rose to Sir Mickey's and back to Cinderella Castle. Please encourage our Guests to walk around Fantasyland in front of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh to access Tomorrowland, instead of behind Snow White's Scary Adventure and next to Fairytale Garden.

kwt10

Pictures....please post!! We would love to see what is going on, so please post some pictures. This is one of those times that I wish the cameras were still up.

GoofyMike29

I just returned from Magic Kingdom yesterday...there definitely is a crane. They are doing a lot of refurbishing around the castle

goofyguy

I should have a picture at home of the castle and crane from when they were refurbishing after removing the cake following the 25th Anniversary. I could just tell you it's a current picture. :D

I'll see if I can find it, but to be honest, I was generally able to get an angle where the crane couldn't be seen or was barely noticable. I'm assuming the situation is pretty much the same now.

You know, as I was typing this reply, I happened to look up at a Disney World picture I have on my cubicle of my daughter dancing on an almost empty Main Street just before a parade, and BEHOLD, in the background a crane can be seen peeking out from behind the castle. Too bad I don't have a scanner at work.

And as a side note to that, if you're worried that the crane will spoil your pictures, I look at that photo every single day, and I never paid attention to the crane until just now.

wdwcrazy

All they are doing is painting the castle though, right? They're not making any changes? :crosses fingers: Please say no!

I saw it today, they have some pink peices, kind of looks like a cake laying next the castle. :lol: :D

wanabeimagineer

Could Steve or someone please post the pic on the thread? For some reason my computer is not showing the update so I cant see the pic. Thanks if you can, if not that's cool.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
webDSC00106.jpg

Thrawn

Account Suspended
didn't work the first time ... dunno why

wait now i do... hold on uploading : )

steve is a smart one for blocking image links

edit: had to make take it from 100% to 92.5% to fit the file size, but here it is

Attachments

• wdwmagicboard.jpg
    wdwmagicboard.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 156

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom