Does anyone else think the volume level on attractions is a problem?

lazyboy97o

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. Many WDW rides are so quiet that low, subdued conversation is enough to overpower the audio. This is not an issue at DLR or UOR.
Intelligibility of audio is very much a problem at Universal Orlando Resort as well.

The issue is not so much volume levels but the attraction spaces themselves not having good acoustic properties. A lot of the walls, props and sets are made out of hard, reflective materials. Turning up the volume just creates more reverberation, so things are loud but you cannot understand anything, which is how Universal Orlando Resort has generally tried to address the issue. Another hindrance is walls that may not be well rated for sound transmission, so turning up the volume could make it audible in another space.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I've noticed it too, between some people talking very loudly inside rides and others screaming like in HM, TOT and other rides, sometimes it's difficult to hear.

I'm thinking that it could also be that Disney lowered volume levels because some parents might have complained about it. I've seen more and more children with noise cancelling headphones around the parks lately. 😐

Last edited:

VaderTron

In the old days Imagineers used to check the attractions periodically for show quality. Whatever happened to that?
Hmm...that's a tough one to answer because we all know Disney's primary concern is guest experience only to be outweighed by guest safety.

Patcheslee

Only one I ever thought was horrible was Dinosaur, not necessarily the volume as the loud screech was painful.
ToT yes we had ppl overtalking in the stretch room first time through, but a slightly rude DD10 said loudly "Why don't we have subtitles too?" 🤣. Ppl got a bit quieter.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The real problem is the amount of people talking during an attraction.
Shut up! Yes I'm talking to you people that think the preshow of TOT is the elevator and the people that like to scream in the stretching room while the ghost host is talking just because they have been on the attraction before so they don't care about anyone else's experience.

First its the cell phones that people are upset about and now its TALKING? People complain just to do it nowadays me thinks.

DoleWhipDrea

Splash Mountain’s audio is abysmal in certain places...if the ride mechanisms are louder than the dialogue, then there’s a problem.

DLR is significantly more on top of all this. I actually knew a Disney engineer that would regularly visit and ride the attractions to make sure the different effects were working correctly during regular park hours. Even with guests being loud everywhere, you can hear everything clearly. I’m hoping the new changes of leadership coming to the parks will help improve WDW’s maintenance.

Tom Morrow

I cant believe how some of you think the Tower of Terror is fine right now. I want you to compare these two videos of the same drop sequence, one is with all of the speakers working, and the other is how it is currently with blown out VVC speakers.

Yep, without loud audio during the drop sequences, you realize how controlled and tame it actually is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom