Does anyone else think the volume level on attractions is a problem?

Lilofan

I feel like the volume levels are way too low. If people can overpower the ride audio just from talking in an inside voice level, I feel like that’s a problem.
The volume levels in the Tower of Terror elevator is just fine. Unless you have several guests riding it for the first time screaming at the top of their lungs seatbelted right next to you.

Rodj

The volume levels in the Tower of Terror elevator is just fine. Unless you have several guests riding it for the first time screaming at the top of their lungs seatbelted right next to you.
Have you even been on the Tower of Terror recently? ALL of the VVC speakers in both Echo and Foxtrot are blown completely, only the drop shaft speakers are working(Only a few in Echo).

NickMaio

Have you even been on the Tower of Terror recently? ALL of the VVC speakers in both Echo and Foxtrot are blown completely, only the drop shaft speakers are working(Only a few in Echo).
Ya it's really too bad that WDW let's it get this way. No excuse for such a highly used ride. It would take 1 night to swap in some new speakers.

NickPytlinski

i dont see a major problem.
one CM left the voice over microphone thing on for a whole peter pan ride, waited ages for that aswell lol.
in hindsight i should have said something but you know what its like getting off a ride thats constantly moving.

Tom Morrow

ABSOLUTELY! I have been saying this for years! For whatever reason, WDW is terrible with this and way too many rides have audio levels that are either all over the place or quiet enough that idle conversation is enough to talk over it. Tower of Terror is one of the best/worst examples of this - it's like riding the attraction on "do not disturb" mode. Haunted Mansion has been pretty bad as well. Numerous MK and Epcot attractions, really.

A rule of thumb for me is that attraction audio should be loud enough to cover up the sounds of the ride mechanics (when possible) and allow people to chat without disturbing others. When it's loud enough to overpower these things, your immersion level is enhanced significantly. There are also times when audio should be loud and intimidating. Tower of Terror makes this particularly awkward because you're forcing 50+ people cramped together in the library or 21 people in the elevator to be dead silent while experiencing a creepy thrill ride that builds anticipation. Then you experience the drop sequences which are supposed to be LOUD to enhance the thrill level and basically give you sensory overload.. but now since the VVC speakers are busted/missing it's almost dead silent. The DCA Tower was loud, and Mission Breakout is loud.

Some like to argue that it's a measure to not scare kids, but everything at DLR is loud, and some WDW attractions do have properly loud, encompassing audio, such as Dinosaur, Everest, Flight of Passage, Na'Vi, Pirates of the Caribbean, to name a few. So I chalk it up to incompetence.

BGM levels are another issue with WDW, as in some places the loops are barely audible, though I am okay with this because a constant barrage of loud BGM all day is overkill and adds to stress levels - see UOR's tendency to blast their BGM at levels that are hard to talk over (that said, UOR is typically really good with attraction audio levels).

Tom Morrow

Sorry, but Tower of Terror has literally the absolute worst audio levels out of any attraction in Orlando. It's embarrassingly bad and this has been well documented on this forum.

I have noticed the last few years Haunted Mansion seems to be hit or miss on volume levels. One time I had to press my head all the way back to hear the ghost host at all. I don't know if it is always like that.
Rode the other day and couldn't hear the ghost host in the stretching room, even though people were just murmuring softly. Then, the narration in the Doom Buggy was broken and muffled.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

I disagree. When I was there in Jan-Feb, the queue music was extremely quiet, and the elevator narraration volume was way too low and not as attention-grabbing as I would've wished.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The real problem is the amount of people talking during an attraction.
Shut up! Yes I'm talking to you people that think the preshow of TOT is the elevator and the people that like to scream in the stretching room while the ghost host is talking just because they have been on the attraction before so they don't care about anyone else's experience.

Tom Morrow

The rides' volume aee fine.

The problems are guests screaming louder than my two pit-belly pigs in any ride with vague thrills, or permanently yapping in my ear during shows or intros.
I'll have to disagree with you on this one. Many WDW rides are so quiet that low, subdued conversation is enough to overpower the audio. This is not an issue at DLR or UOR.

Rodj

I cant believe how some of you think the Tower of Terror is fine right now. I want you to compare these two videos of the same drop sequence, one is with all of the speakers working, and the other is how it is currently with blown out VVC speakers.

Moka

I cant believe how some of you think the Tower of Terror is fine right now. I want you to compare these two videos of the same drop sequence, one is with all of the speakers working, and the other is how it is currently with blown out VVC speakers.

Wow I never noticed how bad that was till now. Yikes, that needs something done to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom