Does anyone else feel the urgency to visit WDW at this point more than ever?

Disstevefan1

My God,...I love this! You are the best buddy! LMAO! (I can't keep a straight face any longer)
Trophy.png

JIMINYCR

You don't understand what a "safe space" is. It's that we don't feel "physicality" safe. No,...it's NOT like I feel like we are going to get mugged in WDW. It's not that kind of "safe".

It's about feeling safe "emotionally" because you feel surrounded by sights sounds that respect and properly represent your identity and make you feel included. (or to be NOT excluded to be more accurate)

I need to see attractions and shows that look like me and represent me and validate me and my values. If I don't see that?...it can create a feeling of being "left out" or "excluded".

There is no worse feeling than the feeling of being under-represented. This is all pretty standard stuff today that should not require an explanation.
Safe space.... I get it now. Well you said you didnt feel safe. Nothing about a safe space. I had no idea this conversation was about your feeling unrepresented due to your sexual orientation.

Cliff

Safe space.... I get it now. Well you said you didnt feel safe. Nothing about a safe space. I had no idea this conversation was about your feeling unrepresented due to your sexual orientation.
You are only scratching the surface. Ten years ago, I discovered ONE thing that "triggered" me. I was new to the word back then) However, as I explored the concept, deeper and deeper on social media...that list grew and grew year over year. Today, I have 41 things that trigger me. Strangely, It seems the more I think about it, the more I add. I'm in a process of finding myself and who I really am...and that's a beautiful journey.

Anyway...I admit that I have high anxiety issues but the only thing I'm asking for is a little validation...please? Is that so hard?

I mean,...jeeesh,...this IS 2023!...it's not 2015 any more folks. We have evolved...

Last edited:

Ayla

He is not posting to engage in a meaningful conversation. He's trolling.

Cliff

He is not posting to engage in a meaningful conversation. He's trolling.
Nah,....I was just having some FUN with some sarcastic, irreverent and sardonic humor.

It DID give me a great .jpg out of it from Disstevefan1 that I'm going to make my Windows wallpaper.

We can go back to having a serious thread now.

Being serious and 100% sincere when I say this:

No,...I dont feel a burning need to go to WDW lately. I just feel like I have seen everything so many times that I'm a bit burned out. (just a bit) I'm an annual passholder and I'm going to Epcot and MK next Tue, Wed and Thur. It's mostly to see "Country Bear Jamboree" one last time before it gets changed and to see "Journey of Water".

I'm not feeling the usual "pre-trip excitement" that I always used to feel. It's kind of a mild "I'm bored so I guess I'll go" feeling. In all honesty...I do have this sense that I'm losing the "trust" in the company logo that I always used to have. In recent years, Disney doesn't feel like the "wholesome" and "good" company anymore. It just feels more "slimy" today and I never used to feel that about it,....ever. Sadly...for several reasons,..I just dont "trust" the company like I used to.

For me, in the past 5 years, Disney has turned away from itself and has moved into real "creepy" directions.

I dunno,...maybe I'm the only fan that feels this way but it's something I have noticed.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

Well?...for one, in all my years on Earth, I never felt offended by the original "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". However, after hearing Racheal Zeigler's public interviews and comments about the new movie and her description of Disney's socially modernized direction of the movie?....

Racheal delivers a VERY convincing and damning case against the original movie. Disney seems to be "fixing" what is problematic with the old and creating a new modern take that feels "safer" to me. Today? I just dont see the old movie the same way anymore. Racheal even explains that the original Prince is a "stalker" and yes,...I'm now creeped out by it.

I think Disney still has a long way to go in "fixing" their un-safe problematic history but I'm glad they are making a conscious, deliberate, social and cultural push forward. Correcting the wrongs of the past is not easy but Disney is doing a good job and trying their best.

Disney is on a mission and I think all of us can agree that it's a just, moral and virtuous one....and "safer" one

You can't fix history. I mean are we going to wipe out the Romans in a historical context because they did something modern day humans didn't like.

Scott B

I hear you. The prices are just downright depressing. At the risk of saying "Walt would be rolling in his grave" I have to still say that yeah, he would have that people are being priced out of things. I can see the cheap days to go to Magic Kingdom are still $124. Ouch. If I were by myself then fine, I bite it, but a family of 5, that just burns more and more.
I partially agree with the pricing issues. There are many people out there who complain about paying over a hundred dollars to get to spend, for axample, 10-12 hours in the parks, but would gladly pay $300 to a professional football game for three hours of entertainment. My issue is that the parks experience has degraded. Interaction with cast members has gotten worse. The parks are not as clean as they once were. having to use your cell phone so much takes away from enjoying the parks. Having to pay for magic bands as well does not give me a good feeling that with what I am paying, I am getting my money's worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom