Does anyone else feel the urgency to visit WDW at this point more than ever?

Thepuma

We somewhat feel it and then we look at the prices. Like you, we used to go multiple times per year. That stopped when APs got cut. Now that they're back and ridiculously priced, I don't see it happening again unless/until we move to Florida and get resident APs. We are going next month for my birthday/MNSSHP, but we won't be able to go to any other parks due to the insane cost. So, we're just going to toss in a HHN at Universal and a couple of beach/free time days.

While HHN is a great experience...I would say don't even think about doing HHN without their Express Pass. We got to the park at 7pm and only managed to get in3 houses...it was just so busy, the standard lines were brutal. We waited 2 hours for stranger things and 1and a half for Chucky. We got to 1am and we were exhausted just didn't feel like waiting in another 2 hour queue for another house.

Having said that, the Express queues had some pretty long waits also and if id have paid the $200 for one, I think I'd have been a bit miffed that the queues were still long. But at least with Xpress Pass you could get to do all the houses.

Thepuma

To be honest we went to Howl O scream at Sea World on its opening night and we had an absolute blast. Half the price of admission for HHN and we actually enjoyed to more. We got to do all the houses, all the shows and go round the park a few times through the scare zones.

Well worth a trio and a good alternative if you don't want the expense of HHN, plus XP passes

Cliff

I wont be going for a while....unless...

Disney re-skins the old "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" to match the look and style of the new socially modernized "Snow White" movie.

If they do that?,...yeah, I'll race over there to see it. I wont go unless Disney erases more of their ancient problematic attractions. Yes, Frontier land needs to go too. It doesn't fall into line with modern social activist thinking...and that is what I'm looking for in Disney's parks today.

YES!......Disney IS making great strides forward but it still does not feel as "safe" as I think it could be.

JIMINYCR

While HHN is a great experience...I would say don't even think about doing HHN without their Express Pass. We got to the park at 7pm and only managed to get in3 houses...it was just so busy, the standard lines were brutal. We waited 2 hours for stranger things and 1and a half for Chucky. We got to 1am and we were exhausted just didn't feel like waiting in another 2 hour queue for another house.

Having said that, the Express queues had some pretty long waits also and if id have paid the $200 for one, I think I'd have been a bit miffed that the queues were still long. But at least with Xpress Pass you could get to do all the houses.
I second the value of getting the Express Pass. We knew the crowds would be massive because of how well they run the event, and how historically its been attended, but I was amazed at how extensive the lines were. On all three trips to the HHN, we had gotten the EP and got to do all the houses and the shows but without the passes we wouldnt have gotten to see much at all. Well worth the money spent. Even with the EP's we had 30 min waits or longer at times.

JIMINYCR

Disney re-skins the old "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" to match the look and style of the new socially modernized "Snow White" movie.

If they do that?,...yeah, I'll race over there to see it. I wont go unless Disney erases more of their ancient problematic attractions. Yes, Frontier land needs to go too. It doesn't fall into line with modern social activist thinking...and that is what I'm looking for in Disney's parks today.

YES!......Disney IS making great strides forward but it still does not feel as "safe" as I think it could be.
When and why has Disney felt "unsafe" to you?

Disstevefan1

EvenCliff.jpg

Cliff

When and why has Disney felt "unsafe" to you?
Well?...for one, in all my years on Earth, I never felt offended by the original "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". However, after hearing Racheal Zeigler's public interviews and comments about the new movie and her description of Disney's socially modernized direction of the movie?....

Racheal delivers a VERY convincing and damning case against the original movie. Disney seems to be "fixing" what is problematic with the old and creating a new modern take that feels "safer" to me. Today? I just dont see the old movie the same way anymore. Racheal even explains that the original Prince is a "stalker" and yes,...I'm now creeped out by it.

I think Disney still has a long way to go in "fixing" their un-safe problematic history but I'm glad they are making a conscious, deliberate, social and cultural push forward. Correcting the wrongs of the past is not easy but Disney is doing a good job and trying their best.

Disney is on a mission and I think all of us can agree that it's a just, moral and virtuous one....and "safer" one

Lilofan

Well?...for one, in all my years on Earth, I never felt offended by the original "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". However, after hearing Racheal Zeigler's public interviews and comments about the new movie and her description of Disney's socially modernized direction of the movie?....

Racheal delivers a VERY convincing and damning case against the original movie. Disney seems to be "fixing" what is problematic with the old and creating a new modern take that feels "safer" to me. Today? I just dont see the old movie the same way anymore. Racheal even explains that the original Prince is a "stalker" and yes,...I'm now creeped out by it.

I think Disney still has a long way to go in "fixing" their un-safe problematic history but I'm glad they are making a conscious, deliberate, social and cultural push forward. Correcting the wrongs of the past is not easy but Disney is doing a good job and trying their best.

Disney is on a mission and I think all of us can agree that it's a just, moral and virtuous one....and "safer" one
I feel safer at WDW than attending UO Halloween Horror Nights or at Gatorland.

Vegas Disney Fan

It really shouldn’t be a surprise that attendance is down since Disneys spent the last couple years telling us how many of the old properties the rides are based on are offensive. I’m amazed anyone is still going to the parks knowing how horrible and offensive much of the content is.

Disney would probably be better off just closing the parks for a few years while they remove any reference to anything made prior to 2010 to make the parks safer spaces for today’s audiences.

Lilofan

It really shouldn’t be a surprise that attendance is down since Disneys spent the last couple years telling us how many of the old properties the rides are based on are offensive. I’m amazed anyone is still going to the parks knowing how horrible and offensive much of the content is.

Disney would probably be better off just closing the parks for a few years while they remove any reference to anything made prior to 2010 to make the parks safer spaces for today’s audiences.
For many years at Epcot American Adventure there was the Confederate battle flag on the wall of flags. Approx 15 years ago without much fanfare the flag was removed permanently.

Cliff

Disney can remove their historically problematic content without needing to close the parks. They just need to bring sensitivity consultants and experts in to identify exactly with is socially OK and not. (using modern standards) Then simply remove or modify whatever they determine is wrong. One by one. They don't need to close for that.

Splash Mountain is a perfect example of this movement.

We as fans need to get on board and stop trying to resist Disney on this. Change is hard for all of us...I get it. But what we will get in a decade from now his a much safter and more inclusive park product.

JIMINYCR

Absolutely Nothing in your answer tells us why you are feeling unsafe. Yes Disney made errors in their portrayal of individuals in their films. But you and others know that was at a very different time in history. You can point to any movie company , any corporation, any business and say they were unjust and be right. Times have changed and we will never get anywhere by being stuck in the past and not recognize the advancements that have been made. As long as you focus on the wrongs you can never move past them.
But… That has nothing to do with why you feel unsafe at Disney.
If Disney was unsafe millions of guests would not be returning year after year. Anyone can travel anywhere on property and be completely safe.

Cliff

For many years at Epcot American Adventure there was the Confederate battle flag on the wall of flags. Approx 15 years ago without much fanfare the flag was removed permanently.
There are many flags today that Disney need to INCLUDED in that display!!

I don't know what is taking them so long....but I'm hopeful for the future.

MAGICFLOP

May be they can use some of what Zeigler suggested, and cut some of the princes and village people them from the scenes..

Cliff

Absolutely Nothing in your answer tells us why you are feeling unsafe. Yes Disney made errors in their portrayal of individuals in their films. But you and others know that was at a very different time in history. You can point to any movie company , any corporation, any business and say they were unjust and be right. Times have changed and we will never get anywhere by being stuck in the past and not recognize the advancements that have been made. As long as you focus on the wrongs you can never move past them.
But… That has nothing to do with why you feel unsafe at Disney.
If Disney was unsafe millions of guests would not be returning year after year. Anyone can travel anywhere on property and be completely safe.
You don't understand what a "safe space" is. It's that we don't feel "physicality" safe. No,...it's NOT like I feel like we are going to get mugged in WDW. It's not that kind of "safe".

It's about feeling safe "emotionally" because you feel surrounded by sights sounds that respect and properly represent your identity and make you feel included. (or to be NOT excluded to be more accurate)

I need to see attractions and shows that look like me and represent me and validate me and my values. If I don't see that?...it can create a feeling of being "left out" or "excluded".

There is no worse feeling than the feeling of being under-represented. This is all pretty standard stuff today that should not require an explanation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom