Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

As far as the potential horror aspects go...you can still pull off horror with a PG-13 rating. In fact, that kind of horror is more up my alley because it relies more on suspense and atmosphere than blood and guts. Many of the classic Hammer movies would probably fall into the PG-13 category. And there's the likes of The Others with Nicole Kidman, one of my favorite suspenseful horror movies. Or the recent Gretel and Hansel.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with Clea--especially with the casting. (With
Tony Stark dead and Pepper a widow,
the MCU needs a new awesome alpha couple.) I believe Emma Watson's been rumored, but if we're going for Potterverse alumni I'd rather see Evanna Lynch (you know...Luna Lovegood). Although since she looks even younger than she is it might look as though Stephen's robbing the cradle. Then there's Emily Blunt, who, being closer to Benedict Cumberbatch's age, would come off more as Stephen's equal.

I've read one supposed recent leak (which, as with all leaks, may or may not be accurate) which claims that in this version, Clea's going to be the estranged daughter of the Ancient One who was born with ties to the Dark Dimension. I think that might work better for the MCU than the Dormammu's-niece angle. I also like that they might be junking the Stephen's-pupil angle...I'd rather see her as a partner and equal to Stephen, a gifted magic-user in her own right who would complement him.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"After months speculating whether Rachel McAdams would return to reprise her role in the next Doctor Strange film, sources Deadline McAdams has closed a deal to join Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Cumberbatch returns to reprise the title role with Sam Raimi taking over directing duties.

Marvel had no comment."

Darkprime

How were things on the set for Lord of the Rings?

I hear that being an extra in a Middle Earth movie is like jury duty for New Zealanders.

Was a bit before my time unfortunately. I was too young to see Fellowship in theaters. I remember going to see it and I must have gotten scared at some point and had to leave the theater didn't get to watch it till years later haha.

sedati

Hollywood should just go to New Zealand, quarantine for two weeks, and then go about their business unhindered.
Or the large contingent in California that has been fighting restrictions instead of fighting Covid could help local business as they claim to be their intention.

Darkprime

Apparently I spoke too soon. Elizabeth Olsen confirmed on Jimmy Kimmel that production has paused in London due to the new lockdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom