Doctor Strange at DHS!

J. D.

That's some awesome button pushing and fan service to comic fans. I really hope Disney does more of this, I for one appreciate the joke, and the effort.
I think there may be some confusion. The 4 pics from what you quoted are from Islands of Adventure. All Disney has is the Atlas Books storefront and the yellow Daily Bugle stand.

Matt_Black

But why does he look almost identical to RD Jr as Tony Stark??

Because the characters in the comics look very similar. White guys with black hair and beards. Strange is a little gray at the temples.

It's not nearly as bad as some other characters. In the comics, Captain America, Hawkeye, Havoc, Hank Pym, both Human Torches, and probably at least half a dozen other characters I'm forgetting are ALL blonde haired blue eyed hunks with little to distinguish them from each other.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Want to play a drinking game? Take a shot every time he says someone has "great potential".

As for the show, kinda meh, with Dr. Strange they could have done a little more.

Haha IKR! Show was long in the tooth. Doing a few magic tricks and maybe a "Sword in the Stone" type trick for one selected child would have been better, I think. It was kinda lame if I'm being completely honest. The Cumberbatch knockoff needed some added makeup on his cheekbones and a bit more white/gray in the temples but otherwise looked the part. There's got to be more to creating "mysticism" than a fog machine.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The look is great.

The patter and illusions need tightening up and work

Also, it's for little kids. Just like the four year olds battling Vader in Jedi academy never get their strike rights, or get them in at all, it's about the kids participating, not a show for the adults.

In a lot of ways, it's like the Green Army Men boot camp streetmosphere show. (Do the GAM still do that now?) And like the GAM men were never advertised or given times, so it is the same with Doctor Strange. Which makes me believe that the lack of advertising has nothing to do with the Universal contract.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, coming from the movie to the meet and great video... The M&G is...um... underwhelming to say the least lol. Cut out the first 5 minutes up until the first real spell (the mists) and add one more actual spell or effect. Though I get the feeling things weren't working right in the video attractions magazine posted, maybe it will get better as bugs get worked out

Castle Cake Apologist

Well, since I have no intention of ever going to IoA, it's nice to see them at a park that I give a crap about and am likely to visit in the future.

I think you're confused. Those four pictures ARE from Islands of Adventure...

You're doing yourself a disservice with your IoA boycott. It's a great park and was primarily designed by ex-WDI employees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom