Dockside Fishing??

artvandelay

Original Poster
Has anyone gone dockside fishing at Fort Wilderness or PORS? Did you like it? Which resort was better? Thanks in advance.

Phonedave

Has anyone gone dockside fishing at Fort Wilderness or PORS? Did you like it? Which resort was better? Thanks in advance.

I have done it at PORS.

I forget the price, but it was not that much. You get a cane pole - i.e. a 6 foot long stick with a lenght of monofilament tied to it - no reel, there is no casting here. You also get a cup of worms.

If you are going to go at PORS, go early. Once the sun comes up around 10:00 AM, it shines right on the dock, and all the fish go elsewhere.

According to the guy at the store, they stock the lake. My kids and I pulled out a couple of sunfish (its catch and release of course)

I did see a river otter in the lake at PORS early one morning, so even if they are stocking, all they are really doing is providing Mr. (or Mrs) otter with an easy lunch.

Overall, I would not make a special trip to the resort to do it, but it was a nice way to spend 45 minutes or so with my kids.

Fish.jpg

-dave

DABIGCHEEZ

I have done it at PORS.

I forget the price, but it was not that much. You get a cane pole - i.e. a 6 foot long stick with a lenght of monofilament tied to it - no reel, there is no casting here. You also get a cup of worms.

If you are going to go at PORS, go early. Once the sun comes up around 10:00 AM, it shines right on the dock, and all the fish go elsewhere.

According to the guy at the store, they stock the lake. My kids and I pulled out a couple of sunfish (its catch and release of course)

I did see a river otter in the lake at PORS early one morning, so even if they are stocking, all they are really doing is providing Mr. (or Mrs) otter with an easy lunch.

Overall, I would not make a special trip to the resort to do it, but it was a nice way to spend 45 minutes or so with my kids.

Fish.jpg

-dave

We( son and I) did this last year and caught nothing but a sunburn!!! No I do remember him catching a minnow or something... made us kinda laugh!!!

artvandelay

Original Poster
Thanks for both answers. I had a feeling it wouldn't be that great an experience.

I did do the guided fishing excursion a couple of years ago and it was great. We left from WL early in the morning (in May), and headed right to the ferry terminal on the MK side. Almost every cast we caught fish.

DABIGCHEEZ

Thanks for both answers. I had a feeling it wouldn't be that great an experience.

I did do the guided fishing excursion a couple of years ago and it was great. We left from WL early in the morning (in May), and headed right to the ferry terminal on the MK side. Almost every cast we caught fish.

Did you have and kids with you? My son is 9 and I am thinking about it. I am sure it will be great but the price tag for the 2 of us is making me hesistate.

artvandelay

Original Poster
Did you have and kids with you? My son is 9 and I am thinking about it. I am sure it will be great but the price tag for the 2 of us is making me hesistate.

No kids, just my brother in law and me. I think a 9 year old would love it. The Disney fishing guides are great and take care of all the fishing stuff.

Phonedave

No kids, just my brother in law and me. I think a 9 year old would love it. The Disney fishing guides are great and take care of all the fishing stuff.

I saw them fishing once over by the docks at the TTC.

I seemed that the guide knew where all the fish hiding spots were (as any guide should)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom